Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Back Zest!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone with sewing skills, "Zest" is a color/fabric used in a lot of backpacking/outdoorsy applications. I have noticed some uber-lightweight backpacking companies using orange dymeema that is pretty spot on for "Zest."

Here's where you can buy "Zest" ripstop nylon: Ripstop By the Roll.

I love Zest, it's my all-time fave TB color, but I stopped lusting after it so much when I realized that it's not a hard to find color (at the moment). I could buy some yardage and have someone make something for me if I really, really wanted it.
    Last edited by Aeon; 03-03-2019, 04:16 AM.
    Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Azalea was the most beautiful TB color ever. I hope it comes back one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeon View Post
        For anyone with sewing skills, "Zest" is a color/fabric used in a lot of backpacking/outdoorsy applications. I have noticed some uber-lightweight backpacking companies using orange dymeema that is pretty spot on for "Zest."

Here's where you can buy "Zest" ripstop nylon: Ripstop By the Roll.

I love Zest, it's my all-time fave TB color, but I stopped lusting after it so much when I realized that it's not a hard to find color (at the moment). I could buy some yardage and have someone make something for me if I really, really wanted it.
        Ooh, thanks for that link! When I followed it to see the Zest-alike fabric, I also noticed they sell pre-cut kits for making various kinds of pouches and things (even hammocks). There may be one of those pouch kits in my future!
        I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
          I missed Azalea bags but managed to have the customer service team scour the pouches one day and found one. That would be a dream return color.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
            I bought the pen/pencil COP just because they had one in Azalea!

Comment

Originally posted by tress29 View Post
              I bought the pen/pencil COP just because they had one in Azalea!
              A very wise decision!

Comment

Second that! Or Solar....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just stopping by to chime in for Zest and Solar. Those are the BEST interior colours. It's been a while since I was around regularly but I remain, as ever, a ZEST and SOLAR fan.
                  Bring back Solar, pretty please? BRIGHT interior colours make me happy! **Team SolarSitkaWasabiZest**

Comment

Zest, solar, yes. Sitka, yes. I love those colors - solar for interiors, sitka for accessories, and zest for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by catherder View Post
                      Zest, solar, yes. Sitka, yes. I love those colors - solar for interiors, sitka for accessories, and zest for everything.
                      Yes, yes, yes *^*
                      just a Bihnion here

Comment

Working...
                      X