Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,774   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large cafe bag too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large cafe bag too big

I received the large cafe bag two weeks ago as my edc/diaper bag. I loved it at first because I could fit so much in it but now I feel the large size is too much. It just feels like it gets in the way. I am thinking of downsizing to a mcb or even the scb. I may even get the daylite backpack. Anyone have the same issues I have?

I ordered one a couple of years ago and returned it. WAY too big in my opinion. I have a SCB that I ADORE. and 2 MCBs that I love. Just got a Daylight backpack and LOVE it, as does my husband
    How about a Maker's Bag??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The makers bag looks a bit big as well. I'm glad you love the scb. I wish I went with my gut and just returned the lcb. Hopefully I can sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Miska38 View Post
        I received the large cafe bag two weeks ago as my edc/diaper bag. I loved it at first because I could fit so much in it but now I feel the large size is too much. It just feels like it gets in the way. I am thinking of downsizing to a mcb or even the scb. I may even get the daylite backpack. Anyone have the same issues I have?
        Hello, I use all 3 sizes of the Cafe Bags depending on the situation. I find the SCB and MCBs work great as an EDC if it's just my essential items. As a diaper bag, I do prefer the MB because I like being able to see everything without having to unzip too many compartments. I had a very short span of time that I could use the MCB as a diaper bag for boy 3 and even then I had to carry my SE separately. If you still need the same amount of space as the LCB but prefer that it's not in the way, the DLBP works beautifully. I've used this when I want to be hands free with the kids.
        What do you plan on putting in the bag?

Comment

I have a q-kit, a medium clear organizer pouch, a small pack of wipes, one pull up, changing pad(but this can be left in the car), and the clear organizer wallet. Also I have a little pouch with an extra shirt for the little one and snacks and toys.

Comment

Those will definitely fit in the MCB I'll even slip the wipes and changing pad in the back slash pocket because you know.... Icky hands and buckle snaps have never worked in my favor

Comment

Medium cafe bag will probably hold all that but I reccomentnmakers bag for the organization. i have both mcb and mb and I find it's good as a purse + some baby gear and then I bring a shop bag tote most of the time along with that I leave in the car. But when I use my mb everything can go in one bag.

Comment

I have a Large Cafe bag and love it so far after a few flights. I love that I can fit my ipad, camera with extra lens, passport wallet, couple of snacks, pens etc. I use this as my personal item and it easily fits under the seat. Then again I am 6'2, 200lbs so it's just right. When I get to my destination it acts as a EDC and as a camera bag with an insert it does look like a camera bag.

Comment

I started with an LCB and found it felt to big as a messenger bag. I then moved the the MCB which was perfect for 80% of the time. I tried a SCB which is even better as it's so compact but only works about 70% of the time based on what I carry, sometimes essentials, sometimes more. I tried the Makers Bag but felt the same as the LCB. Tried the Ristretto but was too limited inside by the foam sleeve. I've ended up with a Halcyon Co-Pilot which seems to suit really well. I still have the MCB and SCB as they are also great but sold on everything else. The co-pilot might be an option for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

I find the medium cafe bag to be perfect size wise. Small might be good for people who can pack light and carry all the time.

I personally think for the size of bag in this style, the large cafe bag would be too big. My gear might even be considered a bit tight by some in the mcb, but I prefer a bag that fits everything with just a bit of space left over. I want my bag to be as small as possible carrying my gear.

I like the mcb so much I've told myself if things are too tight I will find a way to minimize or organize better. It's just the right size for not being too hard on your shoulder and fitting everywhere I go. :-) and it looks awesome...

Comment

Working...
                    X