Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,501   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Halcyon or Black Cordura for Synapse 25 - opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artdime View Post
    I like Black Halcyon, but for larger bags or EDC bags, such as the S25, I would always go for Cordura or ballistic for the added strength of the fabric. I prefer Black Halcyon for smaller bags and accessories.

But in the end it is always a personal preference.
    Thanks Artdime! I am generally pretty careful with my backpack and after watching the materials videos - feel like either will hold up well. Appreciate your insights!

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
      Hi abbienormal,

Welcome to the forums. I feel it is safe to assume, that as someone who is new to TB, you did not read the Dec 4TH 2013 blog post titled "The Fur Test" before making your fabric selection. For those forum readers who were active at the time, I'm sure you all remember that the blog study was preceded by an earlier forum thread: 3D Cubes in Clear, Dyneema, and new Parapack; And, a Comparative Study. Apart from noting that Professor Badger holds first publication rights on that topic, and without making comments on the relative validity of the two studies, I simply want to draw attention to the fact that the earlier study was performed with Corgis. (I mean, how's that for relevance?)

HTH

moriond
      Thanks @abbienormal and @moriond! We have a goldendoodle so no shedding, but picking up dust easier is something that is making me lean Halcyon. Really appreciate the info and showing me "The Fur Test"!

Comment

I actually think the opposite - All of my items are black halcyon except my S19 (it wasn't available then), but I think the structure of it is more professional looking. Dog hair? Yeah, but just a bit. Tape roller takes care of it fine. The halcyon is so soft and structureless I don't think it would look as sharp for a work bag. For travel I love halcyon.
        “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Kerrpe View Post
          I actually think the opposite - All of my items are black halcyon except my S19 (it wasn't available then), but I think the structure of it is more professional looking. Dog hair? Yeah, but just a bit. Tape roller takes care of it fine. The halcyon is so soft and structureless I don't think it would look as sharp for a work bag. For travel I love halcyon.
          Thanks Kerrpe! Good points - still torn.

Comment

I have the S25 in black cordura and think it's excellent. I find its more somber and plain look fit well within business and outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a S25 in black halcyon and an S19 in black cordura, and I wish both were halcyon...I find the cordura stiff and heavy. It does not flex much when you need to stuff more into it (I'm willing to admit that the S19 just may be too small a bag for me). I thought I needed the heavier fabric for an everyday bag, but personally, I find the halcyon plenty tough and like its smoothness better. Checks are very subdued.

Comment

Working...
              X