Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,501   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when I thought I had things figured out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry a 16oz bottle because I am to cheap to buy bottled water .

The tap water in Sweden is great to drink, so I just fill up before I board plane/train/.., or use it as a mug at my desk. No waste of paper mugs/plastic bottles also. So basically - in my line of work/daily life I could very well do without, but prefer to have one with me as a personal preference. However my brother who works security needs his - he can't just take off whenever.

PS - sorry realize this reply is way off topic from the original question!! Since my bottle is only 16oz it fits pretty much in any bag...
    Last edited by Apresski; 03-22-2017, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AVService View Post
      Well thanks for not addressing my main point about the thread at all?
      Actually, I DID.

I "addressed" it by saying I don't carry a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Apresski View Post
        I carry a 16oz bottle because I am to cheap to buy bottled water .

The tap water in Sweden is great to drink, so I just fill up before I board plane/train/.., or use it as a mug at my desk. No waste of paper mugs/plastic bottles also.
        Swedes are lucky enough to have tap water that is safe to drink, free of fluoride -- thanks to their progressive government back in 1971 outlawing the practice of drugging the water with a proven neurotoxin based on junk "science".

46 years later, America still has yet to wake up.
        Last edited by NYCWriter; 03-22-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

omg....

Well back to trying to help the the O.P. the thing that is so interesting about the Empire Builder and its use to carry computer & Water is that it is the only Bihn that I know of with a semi-rigid compartment built in.
          The main compartment is designed to be a sort of file cabinet and has more structure to it than the others that I have which makes it pretty good at carrying things that you do not want smashed or forced into the contours of a bag,like a soft plastic bottle with liquids.
          The EB is also large enough that I can often put the computer in it Vertically and this leaves enough space next to the computer for a large bottle or other Vertical things you would not expect to really fit into a Briefcase.

The EB really is a bag like few others and if I came across a nice Zephyr I wold likely add one to the closet too!

As to the SE,it is just so wide that I can always stick a bottle on the side of even the biggest computer and it just sits there safely tucked into the corner.
          I realize that this bag is no longer made but there are usually a few for sale o the used market too.

I have traveled countless miles by Car & Plane with these 2 and not had any spills at all.
          Last edited by AVService; 03-23-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for your insight.

I'm still not sure what I'll do.

Wish there was a "Super Pilot" bag!
            Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Comment

Originally posted by sose View Post
              Wish there was a "Super Pilot" bag!
              Amen!! There's really nothing available from Tom Bihn between the Pilot/Cadet (both about 13l) and the Empire Builder (22.5l)

Comment

Working...
              X