Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,532   Posts: 187,847   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 285
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few questions on Ego and Colors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Few questions on Ego and Colors

    I'm itching to buy an Ego for my new Dell XPS M1330 (13.3"), but wasn't sure it was the right sized bag for me. The Dell comes with it's own sleeve, while not as protected as the Brain Cell, seems to be smaller and more verstaile (able to hold the 6 or 9cell battery).

    After reading the reviews, the Ego seems large enough to carry what I need (1-2days clothes, laptop, 1-2 textbooks), but doesn't appear oversized. I've been looking at the different color schemes available and am drawn to the Black/Steel/Wasabi w/ a reflective strip and Absolute Shoulder Pad.

    I had a few questions before I actually make the order:
    1) Do I really have to wait till March for those colors?? =(

    2) It looks like Black/Steel/Cayenne is another new offering. Are there any swatches of this color? or pictures of the actual fabric?

    3) Does my requirements for the bag size seem to fit? Will I be able to use this as a travel bag of sorts of I'm traveling for 1-2 days?

    4) What's the big draw with the seat buckle latch? Is it more secure? Is it just a novelty item with more weight?

    5) Any highly recommended accessories that people feel are absolute "must-haves"?

    Thanks for the great photos folks have posted online! Don't know if I can wait till March for the color I want...

    #2
    Originally posted by Ayers View Post
    1) Do I really have to wait till March for those colors?? =(
    I can't answer that as I don't know anything about TB operations, but they do tend to get things out faster than the projections a lot. YMMV.

    Originally posted by Ayers View Post
    2) It looks like Black/Steel/Cayenne is another new offering. Are there any swatches of this color? or pictures of the actual fabric?
    There is a picture of a pouch in that fabric here.

    Originally posted by Ayers View Post
    3) Does my requirements for the bag size seem to fit? Will I be able to use this as a travel bag of sorts of I'm traveling for 1-2 days?
    Personally, I couldn't do it. I carry a lot, though. It depends on what you need to take for those 1-2 days.

    Originally posted by Ayers View Post
    4) What's the big draw with the seat buckle latch? Is it more secure? Is it just a novelty item with more weight?
    I think it is novelty. It does add more weight and i don't use one. The regular buckle is pretty secure.

    Originally posted by Ayers View Post
    5) Any highly recommended accessories that people feel are absolute "must-haves"?
    Organizer pouches. I carry 3 most days and 4 some. They clip nicely to the inside of the Ego. The medium doesn't hang as nicely as the small and mini. I wouldn't go with anything bigger than than medium, personally. Oh, and an extra key strap. I really need to get around to getting me another one.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Ayers View Post
      I had a few questions before I actually make the order:
      1) Do I really have to wait till March for those colors?? =(
      Yes, you do.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

      Comment


        #4
        Opted for the SuperEgo Black/Steel/Wasabi w/ an Absolute Shoulder strap. Picked up a small cork organizer bag, and the reflective strip.

        Hopefully the bag isn't too big for everyday use! Will let you know as soon as I get it. Ordered 2/7/08 and arriving 2/13/08.

        Comment


          #5
          I received the Super Ego the other day, but have decided to return it.

          Build Quality - excellent. the fabric/material feels very sturdy and looks as if it will last a long time.

          Color - Black/Steel/Wasabi is even better than the pictures. The wasabi has a nice sheen and a slighty darker tone than the neon green I was imagining

          Few problems though:
          Size - This bag was way too big. I should've went with my first choice, the Ego, but I wanted to use the same bag for day trips and traveling. I'm 5'11" and the bag is about the size of my torso. My laptop in the sleeve is tiny inside the back pouch.

          Flap - the flap doesn't seem to wanna stay open. The way the handle is constructed into the frame, is great for carrying the bag, even when it's not clamped shut in the front, but when you try to open the pouch, the handles design is kinda in the way.

          Waist strap - How exactly do you use it? When I first saw the design I thought I would be able to remove the waist straps completely, since I don't normally use it. They seem way to low on my body, since I like the messenger bag to hang at hip level. Is there a way to detach them?

          ------------------
          Will have to look for another bag, since the current color selection on the Ego isn't quite what I'm looking for...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ayers View Post
            Waist strap - How exactly do you use it? When I first saw the design I thought I would be able to remove the waist straps completely, since I don't normally use it. They seem way to low on my body, since I like the messenger bag to hang at hip level. Is there a way to detach them?
            You can remove the waist strap completely: wiggle the webbing out of the sewn-in buckles that are on either side of the back of the Super Ego.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

            Comment

            Working...
            X