Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,775   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has the synapse evolved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How has the synapse evolved?

Hi there,

This is just out of pure curiosity and interest. Have there been updates to the Synapse 19? What are they (I don't mean colours).

I bought mine around July 2014 - doubt there's been design changes since then. Or has the bag generally been the same since it released.

Thanks!

Not sure when it was but the water guard zippers were sewn in differently so that the teeth show on the outside and metal zipper pulls are on them.

Comment

Thanks steeps - that's interesting, so that's the only update?

Good to know!

Comment

I think the distance between straps has changed since then as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

Hi @TorontoSS!

The Synapse 19 was updated in May, 2013 (so, before you bought yours) to incorporate the design elements that were introduced with the Synapse 25, as mentioned in this blog post.

The updates included: webbing loops for Cache with Rails system, the addition of piping for the bottom pocket, a webbing loop below the bottom pocket for mounting the Guardian Light, and additional O-rings!
          -m

Comment

Thank you for this! Generally I like seeing how things evolve and this is really interesting. Has all the info on a page.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Maverick. I just picked up a used S19 that the seller indicates was purchased in 2014 so it should be the updated version.
              --------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X