Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,434   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parapack S19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parapack S19

I recently acquired a used S19 and was surprised by the fabric. It is steel in color, but not Cordura-like at all. Is there any way to identify Parapack backs by looking at the bag itself?

Edit: to be clear, I mean is there any tag on the bag, or other indication, as to what fabric it is made of?
    Last edited by bltkmt; 05-30-2017, 01:29 PM.
    --------------------------------

I don't think there's any tag or anything identifying the fabric, but unless I'm mistaken, Synapses have only ever been made in Cordura, Halcyon or Parapack.

Halcyon is pretty distinctive with the grid (maybe less so with the newer black grid, but you can still certainly see it; plus Steel Halcyon only ever had the white grid), so I imagine you've ruled that one out.

Cordura and Parapack are quite different from each other, though both have come in Steel in the past. Cordura looks and feels a lot like canvas; it sounds to me like you're certain that's not it. Parapack is much smoother, kind of like Halcyon but without the grid and more, I don't know, shimmery?

Can you post a picture? (If nothing else, I'd love to see how a Parapack S19 has held up compared to mine!)

Comment

I have many Dyneema (Halcyon) products including 2 Synapses, so clear on that. I am fairly certain it is Parapack - will try to post a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The seller confirmed that his invoice indicated 420d, so I guess it is Parapack - my first experience with the fabric!

Comment

Working...
        X