Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Brain Bag's dimensions OK for carry-on on most international flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Brain Bag's dimensions OK for carry-on on most international flights?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Obviously it'll depend on your actual airline, but yes, it looks like the Brain Bag would work as a carry on for most major international carriers (from/to the USA).
    If it's close but a little over what the airline you're flying wants, you could always pack less and have the bag "squish" into the appropriate size.
    It would be a carry on though, not a personal item.

Comment

Ive packed it to the max and it fits for Delta and southwest. But Delta was definitely a tight squeeze

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi @chunche!

Welcome to the forum!

The dimensions of the Brain Bag are 18" x 14" x 9".

Whereas, in the US, the guiding rule has been 22" x 14" x 9", the dimensional limits in Europe are a little more conservative. I believe it was with that in mind that Tom designed the Tri-Star, which measures 19" x 13" x 8".

As Kelly noted, because the Brain Bag is a soft pack, you can accommodate restrictions that fall below the dimensions of the Brain Bag.

I have traveled internationally with the Brain Bag, and it has always worked out fine. Moreover, I find that airline staff is more concerned about the dimensions and weight of roll-aboard suitcases than they are about backpacks. Having said that, I have to often remind myself that I enjoy my travels more when I pack less!
        -m

Comment

I have gone everywhere with the brain bag, packing it pretty full and never had trouble getting it under the seat.

Comment

@chunche,

Just another reminder that when traveling internationally on some airlines with carry on, it's going to be the total weight that is more of a restriction than size dimensions, so be sure to check that, too.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by chunche View Post
              Bwah bwah. Was going to order the BB in black tomorrow--but black is no longer available as of today! Bwah. Only grey and orange. Bwah. Thanks for every helpful quick response!! Was actually thinking about Costa Rica to Spain and back on Iberia.

Comment

Originally posted by chunche View Post
                Bwah bwah. Was going to order the BB in black tomorrow--but black is no longer available as of today! Bwah. Only grey and orange. Bwah. Thanks for every helpful quick response!! Was actually thinking about Costa Rica to Spain and back on Iberia.

Now the site is showing olive and plum besides grey and burnt orange. I'll live without black.

Comment

Black Brain Bag for Sale

If you are still looking for a black Cordura brain bag, you can find them on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                  X