Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not in love :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in love :(

Am I the only one that didn't fall deeply in love when I opened the box?
    There is no denying the quality. I just feel it's bigger than I expected.
    100% my fault. Tom bihn your products are amazing. The makers bag is big and I got the small snake charmer when I should have got the large but I didn't like the colours as much as this colour which I actually love.

Oh, that happens to me all the time. Keep the tags on and send it back. I've bought a lot of Tom Bihn products, and for sure, not everything turns out to be right for me in terms of size and/or function.

Is it possible that a Cafe Bag or Co-Pilot would fit better?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
      Oh, that happens to me all the time. Keep the tags on and send it back. I've bought a lot of Tom Bihn products, and for sure, not everything turns out to be right for me in terms of size and/or function.

Is it possible that a Cafe Bag or Co-Pilot would fit better?
      Cafe bag I like. Colours I don't. The problem is i paid 45 canadian shipping here and it will cost 30 to ship back. I just feel like it's a waste and maybe I should give it a chance 🤷*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah, gotcha. That's a little different.
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
          Ah, gotcha. That's a little different.
          Took a risk. I am very impressed with the quality though. I wish there was a Canadian equivalent

Comment

Originally posted by Ktsimon View Post
            Cafe bag I like. Colours I don't. The problem is i paid 45 canadian shipping here and it will cost 30 to ship back. I just feel like it's a waste and maybe I should give it a chance ��*♀️
            @Ktsimon,

Are you anywhere near the Toronto metropolitan area? @tpnl, one of the forum moderators, owns a number of different Tom Bihn bags (including the Maker's Bag), and could show these to you in person. Most of the forum members, including me, have never had a chance to visit the Tom Bihn store in person. We know that it's challenging to decide whether a bag and accessories will work in practice, so a lot of forum members will describe their usage profile, what they need to carry, and their preferences (cross-body carry vs. backpack, horizontal vs. vertical bags depending on their height, etc.) A lot of forum members who carry similar items will try to do packups and post pictures that will help give you and idea of what might work best.

Also, there are some large communities of users in different locations who might offer to show you bags they use in person. These are just some suggestions, because it is difficult to make these decisions at a distance.

moriond

Comment

The return policy is really quite good if you live in the USA but unfortunately postage is expensive from anywhere else, I see you're in Canada though, so returning might be cost-prohibative.
              You could always try to sell it on craigslist/ebay or whatever the Canadian version of those sites would be.

Comment

I had my synapse19 for literally years before I loved it .... now it is my go to carry-on or only bag for a night or two.

Just sayin'. Sometimes the love sneaks up on you.

Eta - I'm in australia so understand the postage issue ...
                List under construction ....

Comment

I'm in Canada too and I probably wouldn't be too inclined to mail it back either. But I've traded things either through here or the TB group on Ravelry, and selling online might also be a good option, even if you don't get the shipping fees back.

Having said that, I have also hung on to bags and later figured out different uses for them - including as gifts.

Comment

@KTsimon

As @moriond suggests, if you are anywhere near the Toronto metropolitan area, I would no problem for me to show you some of the other TB bag to hopefully make your decisions easier. I do have a Small Cafe Bag, Ristretto and a Daylight Briefcase - all good alternatives to a Maker's Bag. I also have a Large Snake Charmer if you wanted to see what they are like too.

Hope this helps
                    Cheers!
                    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      @Ktsimon,

Are you anywhere near the Toronto metropolitan area? @tpnl, one of the forum moderators, owns a number of different Tom Bihn bags (including the Maker's Bag), and could show these to you in person. Most of the forum members, including me, have never had a chance to visit the Tom Bihn store in person. We know that it's challenging to decide whether a bag and accessories will work in practice, so a lot of forum members will describe their usage profile, what they need to carry, and their preferences (cross-body carry vs. backpack, horizontal vs. vertical bags depending on their height, etc.) A lot of forum members who carry similar items will try to do packups and post pictures that will help give you and idea of what might work best.

Also, there are some large communities of users in different locations who might offer to show you bags they use in person. These are just some suggestions, because it is difficult to make these decisions at a distance.

moriond
                      I'm in Alberta super far

Comment

I ordered about 300 worth of Canadian stuff. It's only going to be $30 to return so I think I'm going to eat the cost. If I ever have a need for a back pack the synapse will be the one for me

Comment

I had a measurement issue with my Snake Charmer, bought the small because it should've fit by the specs on the site, found out the slight curve was enough to make it unusable for my intended purpose.

Not only did they ship out the replacement large version for free the same day, but they included return shipping for the one that was wrong.

I know saving $10 when I've spent around $500 for a single bag and all its organizational accessories isn't much, but it definitely gave me a good impression of the company.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X