Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,450   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smart Alec Backpack: Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17" mac & iLap

Both the 17" macbook pro and 17" widescreen iLap fit in the Smart Alec, along with power cords, etc. The iLap doesn't interfere with the water bottle pocket, either - it can still hold a 20 oz. Swiss Gear bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      Thanks, Tim, and you're welcome!! Let me know how it works for you.
      Another question. I obviously should have looked harder at a Freudian Slip before, because now I find myself really wanting one, particularly for travel with the Smart Alec. Which leads to my question: Will a Vertical Freudian Slip fit well into the Smart Alec along with a size 6 Vertical Brain Cell? If so, how much room will the combination leave in the Smart Alec's main compartment?

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TimK65 View Post
        Will a Vertical Freudian Slip fit well into the Smart Alec along with a size 6 Vertical Brain Cell? If so, how much room will the combination leave in the Smart Alec's main compartment?
        Yes: the Vertical Freudian Slip will fit well with the Size 6 Vertical Brain Cell in the main compartment of the Smart Alec. It's difficult to describe exactly how much room would be leftover -- I'd say enough for a couple of big books and a jacket.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          Yes: the Vertical Freudian Slip will fit well with the Size 6 Vertical Brain Cell in the main compartment of the Smart Alec. It's difficult to describe exactly how much room would be leftover -- I'd say enough for a couple of big books and a jacket.
          Thanks, Darcy! I'll get me a Freudian Slip when the budget permits.

Best,
          Tim

Comment

I'd love to see a picture of the Smart Alec with the new solar pattern inside; any idea when we might see any on the website?

Comment

Maybe today! We just received one from our factory to photograph.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

yay!! looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

Is the Smart Alec shipping? The web page still states it's in pre-order and shipping in mid February.

I'd also love to see new pictures. Any chance you'll produce a black and grape/plum Smart Alec again?

Comment

The Smart Alec has just now - as of five minutes ago - been listed as back in-stock! New pictures of the Steel/Solar are on the blog today:
                    http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/829

Sorry - we won't have Grape again.

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                    Is the Smart Alec shipping? The web page still states it's in pre-order and shipping in mid February.

I'd also love to see new pictures. Any chance you'll produce a black and grape/plum Smart Alec again?

Comment

Steel / Solar looks very nice. The bright color should help with the narrow mouth of the bag hiding the bottom contents.
                      Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

Working...
                      X