Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,777   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-First Aid First Aid Pouch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-First Aid First Aid Pouch.

I was wondering what the chances are of a first aid pouch being produced without the first aid markings on it? I would like to use that as a catch all for my odds and ends when I am at work, but I don't want it to be confused as an actual first aid kit.

Howdy,
    When I'm not traveling, I often use my Spiff Kit as an office supplies organizer. The Spiff Kit is similar to the First/Second Aid pouch, but there are a few differences:it has a hanging loop, and mirror where the little stretchy loops are on the F/S Aid Pouch. The mirror's velcroed on so you can remove it if you like. The other major difference is that the Spiff is made in 200d Halcyon (the F/S Aid Pouch is made in packcloth).

Comment

I'm currently using a First Aid pouch as my toilet kit. Never could figure out where or why I'd want a hanging toilet kit, but I'm surely missing something about that. Tempted to try the small Spiff.
      Go Navy

Comment

I ended up buying a side effect.

Comment

Hi @Go Navy and @Av8rMark,

Originally posted by Go Navy View Post
          I'm currently using a First Aid pouch as my toilet kit. Never could figure out where or why I'd want a hanging toilet kit, but I'm surely missing something about that. Tempted to try the small Spiff.
          The new pouchkins offer you more organization advantages in the First/Second Aid pouch. It's also a question of whether you prefer a clear pocket + mesh pocket to the two mesh ones in the Spiff Kit, apart from the orientation (of the second set of mesh pockets in the Spiff Kit designed for hanging use). You can also add the single pouchkins to O-rings in both old and new versions of the First/Second Aid pouches, but the new version of the First and Second Aid Pouches also have a couple of additional O-rings outside of the zippered pouches.

Originally posted by Av8rMark View Post
          I ended up buying a side effect.
          The Halcyon Side Effects work well, but the First Aid pouches and Spiff Kits are slightly larger. See this thread on the Side Effect vs Spiff Kit, and also the pictures @Ilkyway posted in the Spiff Kit Standard WOW thread.

Most people looking at the First/Second Aid Pouches and Spiff Kit Standard like the handles and the way that the sides unzip with additional pouch organization inside.

I think the Second Aid Pouch (Blue with inverted cross outside) does not look as though it could be confused with a First Aid Kit, but that color is currently sold out. (And I also noted that there was a rush on the pouchkins in blue when these were announced).

moriond

Comment

Good info Moriond. I did not want a Spiff Kit, because I didn't want to have that hook. I am a pilot, and I need a small bag to keep my cockpit stuff organized, and I didn't want that hook attaching itself to something that might be important. Also, due to the nature of my work, I didn't want something that looked like a first aid kit in the event someone is actually looking for one. I suppose I could have cut out the hook from the Spiff, but I am reluctant to take a blade to something I just paid a lot of money for. A blue FAK might have worked, but as you said, its sold out at the moment.

Hopefully the Side Effect does what I want it to do. If not, I will wait for the FAK to be available in blue, or hope someone from TB sees my thread and take my advice

Comment

What about the Guide Leads Pocket? Bigger than the SE, and similar pockets to the first aid pouch, but no external handles.

Here's a link to a post with pics of that pouch with pens and stuff in it:
              https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...de+lead+pocket
              Last edited by luvdabags; 07-23-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvdabags View Post
                What about the Guide Leads Pocket? Bigger than the SE, and similar pockets to the first aid pouch, but no external handles.

Here's a link to a post with pics of that pouch with pens and stuff in it:
                https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...de+lead+pocket
                Not a big fan of that color, but I like the setup.

Comment

Working...
                X