Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud colored Luminary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud colored Luminary

Am intrigued by the Cloud (exterior/interior) Luminary. Any one have thoughts/experience with resistance to dust/dirt/ etc.? The color seems so elegant, yet need to be practical. Thanks for the help.
    Janet

My Cloud/cloud is arriving on Wednesday and going on its first trip next weekend. I'll report back. For what its worth: I was also concerned based on the pictures of the Cloud/cloud luminary. I've since received swatches of the color, and its more of a medium gray than those pictures, and appears less likely to show dirt.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

@Curlyjbe,

I have had my Cloud Luminary for over a month now and I use it every day as my EDC. It has been on the floor of my car and many other floors around the city, and it has acquired 2 stains.

One was a dirt stain on the bottom, which I was able to get out with water.

The 2nd stain was a light brown oil stain that streaked down the front of the bag. I used rubbing alcohol on it and it came out just fine, can't even tell. So in that regard, I have had great luck with getting mine clean.

I love the Cloud color, it is so stunning and professional, and when I am wearing the Luminary, because of the light color, my back stays much cooler than if I were wearing a black backpack.

Comment

Same here with mine, I've been able to just wash off dirt with a washcloth and some soap.
        Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

I have the SE in Cloud and it seems impervious to dirt. Well, it's the color of the dirt where I live, so maybe I can't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
            I have the SE in Cloud and it seems impervious to dirt. Well, it's the color of the dirt where I live, so maybe I can't tell.
            What sort of climate do you live in, to get that colour of dirt?

Comment

@BWeaves,

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
                What sort of climate do you live in, to get that colour of dirt?
                Florida. Grey sand and cement dust.

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures of their Cloud bags in various lighting? I'm very drawn to the silvery Cloud/Grass Synapse shown on the site, but am disheartened by the "cement" and "industrial" descriptors i see popping up. I'm not a huge fan of Steel, and was hoping to see something like a Northwest Sky version of ballistic fabric.
                  Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
                  Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Comment

Originally posted by kieri View Post
                    Does anyone have any pictures of their Cloud bags in various lighting? I'm very drawn to the silvery Cloud/Grass Synapse shown on the site, but am disheartened by the "cement" and "industrial" descriptors i see popping up. I'm not a huge fan of Steel, and was hoping to see something like a Northwest Sky version of ballistic fabric.
                    I think it is very much like Northwest Sky. It is hard to photograph but I would say it is not lighter or darker than NWS. Here is a photo of 525 (left) and 210 samples of Cloud on top of a NWS shop bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X