Water bottle sweat in Synapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water bottle sweat in Synapse

Can't find anything in the bag description that addresses insulation, whatever, in the Synapse water bottle pocket. Not a problem for me at home, but when i fly, I purchase (or fill) a bottle after security and these tend to sweat. Does the interior of the Synapse get damp?
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

If the water's very cold and the bottle's made of thin plastic you might find condensation forming on its outside, which might in turn lightly moisten the interior of the water bottle pocket, but the other compartments of the Synapse shouldn't be affected at all.

Just the other day I saw a good video review of the S25 in which the reviewer mentions that a water bottle leaked but didn't soak anything else in the bag: as she puts it, 'I just wiped out the pocket with a towel and I was good to go'. I regularly carry both water bottles (I use Sigg) and Contigo travel mugs in my S25 and have never had any problems with either leaks or condensation.

Comment

The front three sections (left/right pockets & water bottle pocket) don't have dividers that go all the way down.
      Condensation is unlikely to migrate, the mesh seemed to do a pretty good job of sucking it up before it puddled up. If you spilled a larger amount of liquid in there, it would likely move between the water bottle pocket and the two side pockets. The water won't leak into the main section of the bag though, nor in the bottom pocket. If you do happen to spill or have condensation, it's very easy to just wipe up. If you know that you're going to carry a cold beverage in there, you can wrap the bottle in a few napkins or a bandana or something and that'll help keep the condensation from getting the side pockets damp.

That video has come up before in this forum, a number of us got introduced to Tom Bihn because of that video (or the one made by her partner). It is, unfortunately, not an entirely accurate representation of the product. I don't think it was intentional on the part of the video creator(s), and the rest of their video on the bag is awesome.

Comment

Personally, I have two of the BUILT bottle sleeves and I absolutely love them. There are varying kinds, so take a look and see if anything appeals to you.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...xd4sqnxd_b_p19
        Smile! People will wonder what you're up to!

Comment

Working...
        X