Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,577   Posts: 188,302   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, QQYFodil79.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Smart Alec request!!! (Please, please, please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Smart Alec request!!! (Please, please, please)

Great and Powerful @Darcy,
    Ok, so it is fine that the SA is retiring. However, I waited through the last batch to get an Olive version that didnt have an Ultraviolet interior. Now, the list of available colors for the final batch of Smart Alec has been listed and there is not an Olive option. Please reconsider and add an Olive/Verde version to this final batch. I am begging you - I will even take the purple interior. (Fingers crossed)
    Last edited by RichardMcG; 08-07-2017, 05:55 PM.
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Originally posted by RichardMcG View Post
    Great and Powerful @Darcy,
    Ok, so it is fine that the SA is retiring. However, I waited through the last batch to get an Olive version that didnt have an Ultraviolet interior. Now, the list of available colors for the final batch of Smart Alec has been listed and there is not an Olive option. Please reconsider and add an Olive version to this final batch. I am begging you - I will even take the purple interior. (Fingers crossed)
    Verde, maybe? I'm seriously considering a "Requiem for a Smart Alec" thread where all the SA fans can share their photos and love and have all the sads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More than half of the pictures on the product page is that exterior color - we really need one more chance to get it.
      S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Comment

Now, this is just a darn shame. The Smart Alec was the bag that first drew me to Tom Bihn products! While commuting to and from work I alternate between my newer Synapse 25 and my beloved Smart Alec (Aubergine/Wasabi). I usually carry the SA in fall and winter (more space in which to cram extra layers), but just today I switched back to the SA because I needed more space in a cavernous one-compartment format to lug some stuff home from work. If forced to choose between the two bags I'd take the SA -- beyond any shadow of a doubt!

Comment

Wow I missed that the Smart Alec was retiring. It was my first Tom Bihn bag. So I will have a retired bag in a retired fabric (Black white grid halcyon).

Comment

I would love to see crazy-color combo for this last run of Smart Alec. I understood that Black is the crown of everything, as it goes well with almost occasion. But Black Cordura on the side, easily attract and show dust and hair. Is it possible that we could see Grey 1000d/Steel Ballistic/NWS kinda combo? Lol.
            Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
            Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
            Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
            Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Nooo! I've been obsessively checking all week because I want the black halcyon for my next trip. As long as I can get one still!!!

Comment

I am sad to see it go as well. I carried it almost every day in college last year and it still looks brand new. It has just the right about of organization for my needs.

Comment

Oh, that is so sad. I was also hoping to see it reborn with the new ballistic side panels instead of Cordura.

I love my SA. It is by far the best-used member of my [ahem] somewhat extensive bag collection.

Comment

Sorry OP,
                    Do you mind I add another color suggestion?

Another combo: Coyote 1000d/Coyote Ballistic/Island or NWS.
                    An all-round Coyote theme Skookum Dog's backpack
                    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Bummer, I was really hoping for at least one run with the new materials, I love ballistic, but am not a fan of the cordura on the sides, so I only have a halcyon version. I am on a road trip right now using pretty much the smart alec, I used it all day today in Washington D.C. the bag is perfect for how I travel and tour around. Thankfully it will last a long time.

Comment

Apparently I'm not the only one who bought the SA for their first TB bag. Sad to see it go, maybe I should stock up for the rest of my life?

I wish and assume they have something really awesome in the pipeline to replace it. I do like the modularity, the balance between looking sharp enough for office but not shouting "I have 4k worth of electronics in me!" and the big main area for the occasions where you need to carry a larger item. You can always use packing cubes in large pockets but carrying a large item in a bag with only small pockets is impossible.

Comment

Working...
                        X