Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri Star Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eagle Creek Medium packing folder fits perfectly into the TS, and just fits in the WF. It helps keep the bag flat and not overstuffed looking.

The thing I don't like about the TS and the WF is the flat front pockets and water bottle pocket. I have yet to find anything that fits in those besides a piece of paper, so they are a waste of space and weight if you count all those zippers. But I love the main compartments.

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
      The thing I don't like about the TS and the WF is the flat front pockets and water bottle pocket. I have yet to find anything that fits in those besides a piece of paper, so they are a waste of space and weight if you count all those zippers. But I love the main compartments.
      I used to find the same about the front zipped pockets when I tried to pack things into them for the duration of the trip. It would just be so bulky. Now I leave them empty but use them for 'In Transit' things that need to be easily accessibly. Phones, keys, small headphones, a kindle for example.

Since I've kept these pockets free, I now find them much more useful for dumping small items into as a I travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

I use the front zippered pockets for dedicated travel things that stay in the Tri-Star all the time or, like Perseffect said, during travel.

In the top pocket, I have a snap travel tray that folds completely flat. As much as I wanted to love the TB Travel Tray, we never hit it off. I use mine to store electronic cables and such at home.

In the middle pocket, I keep empty No. 1 and No. 2 Travel Stuff Sacks. I don't always need them for packing but I always find a reason to have them when at my destination. No. 1 is perfect for carrying snacks or wrangling little things around the hotel room that need to go with me to and from the office. The No. 2 is my lunch bag.

I use the bottom pocket for snack bars while traveling.

I use the water bottle pocket for paper tickets and itineraries, which I've started taking after my phone died on me unexpectedly once just before bordering.

Comment

I slip my quart bag in the larger WF slip pocket so that it's easy to pull out and replace at security. My quart bag is usually only half full, but the pocket can hold a fuller bag too. Later at the gate or lounge, I might move the quart bag to another pouch in the body of the WF, but I know it can survive in the slip pocket for the whole journey just fine.

(I should note that I do have precheck, but removing my quart bag is still required outside of the US. I stick to the old-fashioned disposable quart bag because outside of the US, I've found that fancier solutions like the clear 3DOC are more likely to get questioned or rejected.)

I clip my house keys into the o-ring of the smaller slip pocket so that I don't have to carry them around day to day or worry about losing them before going home.

Comment

Working...
          X