Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parental Unit Stroller straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parental Unit Stroller straps

I am patiently waiting for two things: the arrival of my first baby (!), and for the Parental Unit to be available in Black Halcyon/Ultraviolet. I see that the stroller straps are now available for order- can anyone tell me more about them? Anyone tested them out?

Also, can anyone recommend a changing pad that fits well into the bag?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BP180; 09-02-2017, 07:43 PM.

Originally posted by BP180 View Post

Also, can anyone recommend a changing pad that fits well into the bag?

Thanks!
    Can I suggest an alternative to a changing pad? Every changing pad we ever tried was pretty useless. They tended to be too short, too narrow or just weirdly shaped and bulky.
    Instead of a changing pad, we started using the flannel receiving blankets or the muslin swaddle wraps (once our baby was too old for swaddling). The blankets are lightweight enough that you can carry a couple with you, you can use them as a blanket, spreading out on the ground to give your baby a place to crawl and play, or covering a public changing area to avoid germs and mess.

As an added bonus, if you have a normal changing table or changing pad at home, you can fold up one of those blankets or wraps to put down if your kid has an extra messy diaper. It's *much* easier to wash a receiving blanket or muslin wrap than it is to have to wash a changing pad cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly S View Post
      Can I suggest an alternative to a changing pad? Every changing pad we ever tried was pretty useless. They tended to be too short, too narrow or just weirdly shaped and bulky.
      Instead of a changing pad, we started using the flannel receiving blankets or the muslin swaddle wraps (once our baby was too old for swaddling). The blankets are lightweight enough that you can carry a couple with you, you can use them as a blanket, spreading out on the ground to give your baby a place to crawl and play, or covering a public changing area to avoid germs and mess.

As an added bonus, if you have a normal changing table or changing pad at home, you can fold up one of those blankets or wraps to put down if your kid has an extra messy diaper. It's *much* easier to wash a receiving blanket or muslin wrap than it is to have to wash a changing pad cover.
      Agreed! I just found a folding changing pad that has been in my attic for four years (since my oldest was 8mo and I have had another since) and I never missed it. A muslin or jersey blanket will do fine.

Comment

I'm out with the PU now: here's a compact changing pad from Amazon. I think I spent $6. It's soft and I have it folded in half because I've got the inner compartments fastened together. I have another one at home that came with a munchkin diaper caddy that folds even smaller. You cannot buy the pad separate as far as I can tell.

PM me and I can send links from computer to both products when we're back from adventuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Although....if you buy a different diaper bag and it comes with a changing pad, I would hang onto it incase you decide to sell or donate the bag.

Comment

Working...
          X