Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,524   Posts: 187,775   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD NEWS! a 13" Macbook Pro DOES fit in a Luminary!

hey guys! I ordered the Luminary on a hunch, and i am happy to report that a 13" MacBook Pro *DOES* fit inside the Luminary! With room to spare! Oh, the caveat is, you have to unzip the divider inside.
    Here are a few pictures - one MacBook Pro inside a cache (the new model), and an old one just by itself. They fit in there just fine! And just for kicks, here's a picture of BOTH of them inside!

I had a little video to show how easy it is to get them in there (no struggling with corners or anything!) but looks like it doesn't accept video in here.
    Here's a video showing you can slide it right out, no hassle!
    https://youtu.be/lu6o2nBtUuo
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2400.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	312876Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2399.JPG
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	312875Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2401.JPG
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	312877
    Last edited by theredheadsaid; 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM.

Awesome. That's good to know for when I might need to "borrow" my wife's Luminary. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

@theredheadsaid Thanks for the photos and spirit of helpfulness -- those are two of the things that make this Forum community great.

Your post inspired us to try fitting our 13" MacBook Pro in the Luminary once again, and I'm sad to say that we are sticking with our original conclusion that it is not a good fit. We don't recommend carrying a laptop as big as a 13" MBP in the Luminary.

While the corners of the 13" MBP (especially in a Cache or similar sleeve ~ because the Luminary does not have built-in protection for a laptop, we feel a protective sleeve would be essential) do not particularly place undue pressure on the zipper of the Luminary, those corners do push out the rounded top of the bag behind the zipper, distorting the gracefully tapered design of the Luminary. The Luminary was designed to accommodate an iPad or similarly sized tablet: if one chooses to squeeze in a laptop or for that matter any over-sized object for which the Luminary was not designed, one does so at their own risk (read: damage caused to the bag by said object is not covered by our lifetime guarantee on defects in materials or workmanship).

Hope this makes sense and all, and sorry to be a parade rainer!
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
      X