Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,399   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, FlorBeadle.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New product cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New product cycle

I am new to the forums. Is the a general cycle for new products?

Is there an annual window where new products are introduced/released? Just curious as i I wait for the color combo of the S19to be released.

Originally posted by louisvilledanahys View Post

Is there an annual window where new products are introduced/released? Just curious as i I wait for the color combo of the S19to be released.
    Nope: you wait and wait, and you get what they release, when they release it; and if you can order it before it sells out. If you don't, then you wait again.

It's kinda like the soup guy from Seinfeld, except with bags.
    Last edited by GrussGott; 10-09-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

If you are waiting for Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky, this color should be available in the next day or two.. There was a Twitter Post on Thursday from someone asking about the timetable for the color options on the product page, and the response from Tom Bihn was that a few Synapse 19s would appear the next day (Friday), and the rest would be out next week (meaning, starting tomorrow).

Since they did relase two S19 models last Friday, I'm guessing that the rest of the Tom Bihn Twitter reply about the remaining Synapse 19s is also likely to be accurate. (Excerpted from Friday's post in the New Bags and Colors Ready To Order sticky thread.

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
      10/06/2017 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order
      Harvest Moon Edition

Synapse 19, Black 525 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
      Synapse 19, Cloud 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
      In general, the widest range of color selections are available close to the start of a new product or fabric release, so if you were looking for one of the new S525 ballistic nylon combinations (similar to the colors of the Luminary, which debuted these fabrics), there isn't as much variety this round as you'll see for the Synapse 25, or in the previous manufacturing round of the Synapse 19 in August, when they also made this in new S525 colors like Mars Red, Alphaviolet (purple), and Olive. Many of these materials are also flagged for Cafe Bag fabrication (where these fabrics are options to replace Cordura, because of possible extra abrasion from Cordura when carried against your side -- not an issue for backpack carry).

HTH

moriond

Comment

Here's a quote from another thread to illustrate Tom's "release cycle" and ordering capabilities:

Originally posted by Nick_
        July 2017-finally gave in and got my Black Halcyon / Steel Daylight Briefcase

Kept checking the site every other day and just ordered as soon as the color i wanted became available...aaaand it was sold out again the next day
        It's a horrible way to treat loyal customers, but, hey, we all keep coming back so I guess we're the ones to blame?
        Last edited by GrussGott; 10-09-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Generally speaking, new products are released in the spring and fall, but existing products are restocked on a rolling basis. Once a product is restocked, it will be available in several colors and then will not be made again for a few weeks or months, so if it sells out quickly, there will be a wait. The exception is returns, which will cause an item to reappear as 'in stock'.

Recently the website was updated to display "only a few left!" next to an item in your cart if it is a low-stock item. Note, the item has to be in your cart for this to work and only displays this alert when you're viewing your cart.

Obviously waiting to order something is annoying, but TB is a small company that has decided to remain small even as the internet has made more people aware of them and as a result, increased demand.

Now to your question. If a color is not listed on a page, it isn't coming soon but you might get lucky if someone returns one. If a color is in production, it is coming in 2-12wks. Sometimes color combos are never repeated and so if you have a specific combo in mind, you can email customer service (who are very helpful) to find out about likely availability.

What is your preferred color for the S19?

Comment

I was more curious about any new product styles.

Am planning to go with the S19. Wanted to do a Halcyon fabric, but one without an Iberian interior. So it limits my options. Also want to pair with a daylight briefcase, but it looks like those are now out of stock. Very tough to time purchases with TB i guess.

; )

I didn't notice this nearly as much when I bought my S25 three years ago. I guess I was lucky then.

Tried a few style of the briefcases but most were too small. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I was more curious about any new product styles.

Am planning to go with the S19. Wanted to do a Halcyon fabric, but one without an Iberian interior. So it limits my options. Also want to pair with a daylight briefcase, but it looks like those are now out of stock. Very tough to time purchases with TB i guess.

; )

I didn't notice this nearly as much when I bought my S25 three years ago. I guess I was lucky then.

Tried a few style of the briefcases but most were too small. Fingers crossed.
              Ok, I think I understand your question now.

The next planned product debut should be sometime in November I think, though no date has been given yet. If you stick around on the forums for the next few weeks the date should be posted on here. Debut is the term TB typically uses if you're scanning forum post titles.

We do not yet know what sort of bags will be debuting but there are usually some hints dropped in the days/weeks leading to a debut.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Great question, louisvilledanahys.

We took this as an opportunity to update our FAQ with official answers on this topic:
                https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq18
                https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq52
                https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq53

Hope this helps you and other folks, too.

And if you haven't seen it, we've just updated our blog and one of the new features is a News Brief section. This will be a reliable source of information and news (like adding some new FAQs) going forward. Here's the bit about the FAQs: https://blog.tombihn.com/new-faqs-debuts

Comment

Great stuff. TY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X