Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's so nice about the movable feast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's so nice about the movable feast?

I have a couple tom bihn bags and am fond of them all. Currently onebagging it with my s19 in the Netherlands.

I am curious to those of you that own a movable feast. Does it help in any way my s19 or s25 could not? What are the pros that make it worth the purchase if I already have a bihn bag.

Thanks so much for all you opinions! You may talk me into a purchase!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I bought a Moveable feast and while it was lovely and had many functional pockets with labels, I found it too heavy to be practical. I however love love love my shop bags. A large shop bag will hold almost as much, is much smaller when folded up to tuck in a pocket, has two interior pockets (or exterior if you use it inside out like my co-worker does) and is only 6.4 oz where the Moveable feast is a whopping 22 oz. It went back. I really wanted to love it but i couldn't see using it.
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Comment

I'd vote for a shop bag as well.

I like the look of the moveable feast, the organization and all that seems super awesome, but I can't quite bring myself to drop $90 on one, when for about the same amount of money I could get two large shop bags. Or a large and a small shop bag.
      The shop bags are incredibly useful, you can use them for SO much more than food shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly S View Post
        I'd vote for a shop bag as well.

I like the look of the moveable feast, the organization and all that seems super awesome, but I can't quite bring myself to drop $90 on one, when for about the same amount of money I could get two large shop bags. Or a large and a small shop bag.
        The shop bags are incredibly useful, you can use them for SO much more than food shopping.
        Great to know! I like that in the description of the tom bihn they kind of own it about the bag not being ideal for everyone. Just frequent small batch shoppers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered a Moveable Feast and sent it back. It is a very specific type of tote bag. If you plan on going to a farmers market and buying a few vegetables, a can or jar of something, a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine, and walk home with your purchases, then it's perfect. But the pockets are very specific for these things. I tried test packing it as a weaving tote bag (holding the equipment for my weaving hobby), and it was not sized right to hold my equipment and yarn. Plus the MF is heavy for a tote bag.

I love the large shop bags, though. Lightweight, holds a lot, very versatile, and folds down flat for packing in other bags. I have one in every color.

Comment

I started typing up a response, had a Déjà vu moment and recalled this thread:

Any Feedback: The Moveable Feast

Here's my post/feedback on using the Moveable Feast, and it still holds true down to my avocado criteria.

As you put it @edward.dennihy , the MF is designed for frequent small-batch shoppers, and I'm of that sort. I go through phases of living off of Chipotle and pizza, but most of the time I enjoy cooking and spend an hour in the kitchen in the evenings. It's fun to choose a recipe online or out of one of my cookbooks, grab a Moveable Feast, head to the store and buy a bag's worth of groceries to make something new. I've also found that the Moveable Feast truly excels at carrying a heavy load of groceries (glass bottles of juice or chai, milk, canned tomatoes, etc.) The specific pockets and areas -- the avocado shelf, the flower pocket, wine and baguette pockets -- can either be pushed out of the way or flattened to accommodate large items.

I do buy fresh flowers for myself or other people more often now, probably because of the flower pocket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tom-bihn-moveable-feast-grocery-bag-local-flowers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	302223
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
            X