Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,756   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest new Imago color combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancoi
    replied
    Cocoa/Cork/Wasabi or Olive/Cork/Wasabi, if you're going the Earth tones route...

Leave a comment:

• Adi
    replied
    As a very happy owner of a Hunter/Steel/Steel bag from a while back, I've got to say that I've gotten a lot of compliments on the Hunter color. Now that I've seen the "Blues Bag" online I think it is very handsome. Although a Navy/Navy/Sapphire or Navy/Navy/Storm would really appeal to my more color-conservative friends. (That navy power color thing!)

--Adi

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Navy/Storm/Sapphire is one of the most popular color combinations of Imago ever - good work, guys!

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    I believe those are to route earphone cords through.

Leave a comment:

• rodrigues
    replied
    I think there already is one.

I bought a Blues Bag and a Black/Black/Wasabi for a friend from the last batch of Imagos that came out. Both bags had a hand strap similar to that on the Cafe Bag. It's supremely useful.

Oddly enough though, both bags also have some sort of strap going over the top of the zippers on either suede pocket on the sides that prevent them from completely closing. It's a very small opening, nothing could get through, but I've often wondered why it's there. <shrug>

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by bbcamp View Post
    Darcy:

I vote for black, black, cayenne!

(And might there be a hand grip on the next iteration of the Imago?......)
    Take a look at this post from Darcy and read through the surrounding posts in the thread Why no handle on the Imago?. Since you were one of the posters in that thread, you might ask Darcy for an update on Tom's thoughts about a redesign. And as for the black, black, cayenne combination, see my suggestion for adding cayenne Ultrasuede pockets to this color combination in the ID and Imago, and Darcy's reply (not likely to be enough people who like this for it to happen).
    Last edited by moriond; 08-09-2008, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bbcamp
    replied
    Darcy:

I vote for black, black, cayenne!

(And might there be a hand grip on the next iteration of the Imago?......)

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by listgirl View Post
    How about an Imago that is slate gray on the outside, with a dark purple swish of color on the flap and wasabi inside? I would buy a million of them!!

I like that a lot! Maybe in the next batch. (That wouldn't come out until October/November.)

Leave a comment:

• listgirl
    replied
    How about an Imago that is slate gray on the outside, with a dark purple swish of color on the flap and wasabi inside? I would buy a million of them!!

Leave a comment:

• reina
    replied
    Storm/Cork/Cayenne

or Navy/Cork/Storm

for the next next ones, if cork is going to be back

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    The "Blues" bag is now shipping!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by rodrigues View Post
    Three questions:
    1. What will happen to the old colour combos? ie. Are these new combos in addition to or replacing the old ones?
    2. When will these new bags be available for pre-order?
    3. When will they be ready for shipping?
    I'm glad that you're excited. I think it the "Water" combination will be a great one.

1) The new color combos will replace the old ones -- at least in this batch.
    2) You can pre-order now.
    3) Early July.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    I'm guessing these are replacement colors; the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination has been a favorite since the first generation Imago.
    You've got it right.

Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy, what's the breakdown between Cordura and Ballistic in the second group of colors? Have you stopped making the Cork flap option?
    The last four colors --
    Black/Black/Wasabi
    Black/Crimson/Steel
    Steel/Steel/Cayenne
    Black/Black/Steel
    are Ballistic/Ballistic exteriors with 500 denier Cordura lining.

We may make Cork Imagos (or Navy/Crimson/Crimson or Navy/Kelly/Steel or Kelly/Steel/Steel -- who knows!) in the next next batch, but I can't say for sure. I think you may see new bags in Cork later this year.

As for ballistic: Black is a stock color and Steel and Crimson are colors that we have custom dyed for us. We most likely won't consider adding a fourth color of ballistic nylon until sometime in 2009/2010.

Leave a comment:

• rodrigues
    replied
    I assumed as much (that the colours were replacements) for the precise reason you noted - that the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination was in the "new" mix. Still, it never hurts to get confirmation from people who work there so I can plan gift buying in June (do I wait for the new colours and give the gift late, or do I buy an old Imago?).

I think the Hunter colour is incredible, and if it wasn't paired up with Steel on the interior I think it would be a gorgeous bag. It's just personal preference, but I find boring coloured interiors ... well, boring.
    The Hunter/Cork looks great, but a Hunter/(Hunter or Black)/Wasabi I think would also look good. Too bad Hunter is not an option anymore.
    Last edited by rodrigues; 05-21-2008, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by rodrigues View Post
    Yay! I'm so excited about the Water bag. I have an Imago I just started using and I love it. I'm not above buying another one.

Three questions:
    1. What will happen to the old colour combos? ie. Are these new combos in addition to or replacing the old ones?
    2. When will these new bags be available for pre-order?
    3. When will they be ready for shipping?

THANKS!
    I'm guessing these are replacement colors; the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi combination has been a favorite since the first generation Imago. Darcy, what's the breakdown between Cordura and Ballistic in the second group of colors? Have you stopped making the Cork flap option? (If so, anyone who likes the Navy/Cork/Olive Imago should grab it now!). While the "blues bag" is one of the most exciting new options, I think your other current Navy combos are great. I guess Crimson is going (hint for those who are admiring the Navy/Crimson/Crimson Imago pics), but maybe the combo with Olive (without Cork) or with Kelly and Steel can be kept on?

And I am so glad I grabbed one of the Hunter/Cork/Sage Imagos in Ballistic nylon when they were available. Any prospects for new colors in Ballistic nylon? (I'm guessing that the main reason you have Hunter/Steel/Steel Imagos still available is the lack of a picture showing this color combination on the Imago web page.)
    Last edited by moriond; 05-21-2008, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X