Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiff kit as in flight bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiff kit as in flight bag

Hi, I’m trying to find a TB solution to my seatback carry options. I’ve been using my PCSB as a seatback pocket ‘liner’ but it’s a little wide for some pockets. I know some of you connect the SK with clips but I usually have an aisle seat and don’t want things dangling when my neighbors are trying to get into and out of their seat. I’ve gone through all TB accessories online and came across the regular spiff kit. The dimensions look good but the bag appears rounded. Can anyone check to see if a iPad mini would fit with the zippers closed?

p.s. I’d like to fit the iPad mini, kindle, headphones, snack, chapstick, and maybe a small scarf.

Thanks!
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
    Hi, I’m trying to find a TB solution to my seatback carry options. I’ve been using my PCSB as a seatback pocket ‘liner’ but it’s a little wide for some pockets. I know some of you connect the SK with clips but I usually have an aisle seat and don’t want things dangling when my neighbors are trying to get into and out of their seat. I’ve gone through all TB accessories online and came across the regular spiff kit. The dimensions look good but the bag appears rounded. Can anyone check to see if a iPad mini would fit with the zippers closed?

p.s. I’d like to fit the iPad mini, kindle, headphones, snack, chapstick, and maybe a small scarf.

Thanks!
    I don't have a Spiff Kit but I do know that a Size 3 TSS should fit all of that, plus everything will be able to slide in and out easily when the drawstring is open.

Comment

Hi Traveltech! Did you end up trying the spiff kit for a seatback bag? I'm curious to know how it worked for you. I've tried the Side Effect clipped to the backseat pocket, and a Freudian slip hooked over the tray latch, but I'm still looking for something just right. How has the spiff kit been? Thanks!

~glj

Comment

Originally posted by jlg View Post
        Hi Traveltech! Did you end up trying the spiff kit for a seatback bag? I'm curious to know how it worked for you. I've tried the Side Effect clipped to the backseat pocket, and a Freudian slip hooked over the tray latch, but I'm still looking for something just right. How has the spiff kit been? Thanks!

~glj
        No. I ended up returning the spiff kit and using a PCSB as before.

The hanger got in the way of the zippered pocket and the whole thing was a bit unwieldy for what I wanted to carry. The PCSB’s weight, flexibility and lack of internal pockets worked better (though it was a bit too wide for the seat pocket on one flight.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PCSB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	304019
        Last edited by Traveltech; 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: adding image
        Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Working...
        X