Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,771   Posts: 190,613   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, Oliver18.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet allergy concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet allergy concern

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had experiences with TB bags and allergies. I realize that a lot of folks like to buy multiple bags, try them on for a while and return the ones they don't want to keep. All that is fine, as TB only has one store and most people cannot see their bags firsthand, getting a bunch and returning it makes sense. I would do the same thing.

My concern is, personally I have an allergy to pet hair and dander, specifically cats. I get a bad reaction to them, I also have a child with a similar issue. My concern is, for bags that get returned are they somehow cleaned out before being resold again? I am worried that a cat owning customer may have returned a bag that would get resold again. My previous purchase did not have this issue, but it was a halcyon bag and it's smooth and doesn't attract hair or dander. I don't have any experience with any of the other materials. I just did not want to blow an epipen on something like this, those things are very expensive now sadly.

Many thanks in advance for any insight.

I guess I would just check with the CS team, and explain your concerns. They may be able to make sure you only get new/never-sold items.

(Also, I hear you on the Epi expense - I was lucky enough to get ahold of a rebate that covered my co-pays)

Comment

You need to wash something in hot water to get dander out, yes? TB washing instructions are to keep the bags out of the washer. But really, email their support for specifics about how they handle returns and what their threshold is for accepting returns with visible pet hair, and if it matches yours. They're very friendly and helpful.

I feel your hesitation. I get rashes occasionally when people's fragrances residues get left on the clothes they've tried. I don't need an epipen fortunately, but it adds a layer of aggravation to shopping.
      Last edited by twosandalz; 06-11-2018, 08:21 AM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Comment

Working...
        X