Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,569   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, vihattechin.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions needed! New macbook pro 13" coming, naturally I need a new bag, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions needed! New macbook pro 13" coming, naturally I need a new bag, right?

I'm going back to the 13" macbook pro and am, of course, looking at bags. I have a ristretto which I love but it can feel a little tight on space sometimes. Do I *need* a medium cafe bag? Any other bag suggestions?

Originally posted by geekmom View Post
    I'm going back to the 13" macbook pro and am, of course, looking at bags. I have a ristretto which I love but it can feel a little tight on space sometimes. Do I *need* a medium cafe bag? Any other bag suggestions?
    The DLBC works very with the cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 13" MBP fits perfectly in my S19, with plenty of room left over for other items.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
        My 13" MBP fits perfectly in my S19, with plenty of room left over for other items.
        My 13" MBP works nicely in my S19, assuming I don't have too much to schlep along with it. If I need to carry more than my S19 holds, the S25 works well, too. These are my two EDC bags when I have to haul a laptop around.

Can't wait to hear what you pick!
        Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Comment

Originally posted by geekmom View Post
          I carry my 13" MBP in a large cafe bag quite frequently (inside a waterfield sleeve) and while I don't have a MCB I can't imagine it would be a good bag for this machine. it's already pretty tight closing up the LCB if I have any significant amount of other stuff in the bag.

Comment

Buy a cache and all the bags that have been mentioned [emoji23]

I have the 13 and have carried it in my MB, LCB, MCB, and DLBC. All work great but it also depends on what else you need to carry.

MB if I need to carry the MacBook Pro and a camera with a few lenses.

LCB if I’m doubling as an around-town diaper bag.

MCB if I’m just bringing the MacBook to a cafe or something.

DLBC if I’m going to work and want access to a bit more organization.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Multiple bags got the win!

Keep an open mind and have both a vertical and horizontal cache.

Though there are not any rails, I do like my DLBP with the vertical cache for my 13 MacBook Pro. For me on less work-ish trips the DLBP, cache and then a Sidekick really make a flexible and modular kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X