Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,895   Posts: 192,296   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, louisep.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil hints Darcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the preview up yet?

Comment

its on the blog...yes

Comment

Just saw the email pop up in my inbox, also!! So excited for the Truck and the small zip-top Shop Bag!! And the pre-order system sounds great!!

Originally posted by Denise Denise View Post
        its on the blog...yes
        Last edited by haraya; 07-18-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Very cool!!!

Comment

Looking forward to the Truck and zippered shop bags ! Thank you for the pre-order option and new colors TB Crew
            Last edited by RDR3; 07-18-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Also, Darcy - hope to see pictures of your new ride sometime (and you on it?)!!

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                Just saw the email pop up in my inbox, also!! So excited for the Truck and the small zip-top Shop Bag!!
                My guess is that the Truck is going to be very popular with knitters and other folks on Ravelry: it has the ability to stand up when empty, but is light weight and has sections. There are new colors, and I haven't seen them yet. But one thing that will be an advantage for folks in places that use A4 paper-- that pocket width can just take A4 as in a thin Rhodia notebook. US letter size paper is too wide to fit. The size makes sense for fitting standard grocery items in the center compartment -- like cereal boxes or 6-pack cans of soda. It does workfor carrying library books, although the standard size books are slightly larger than the center profile, and the original shop bag designs work better.

Comment

Yes! These look good and very tempting!

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    My guess is that the Truck is going to be very popular with knitters and other folks on Ravelry.
                    Yes! That was my thinking when I saw the photos.

Comment

DARCY!!! Preorder Wednesday, July 24th.

July 24th is a Tuesday, so is it Wed. July 25th or Tues. July 24th?

Comment

In the Tote Bag FAQ, love the picture of the old Firewood Hauler. Now that’s what I’d like! All new Tom Bihn bags are just too nice to put to such rough use.

Comment

Once you've read through everything I've written about our new pre-order system, there will be an optional test for credits. Just kidding! Seriously, it's a pretty typical and straight-forward pre-order system besides the couple of benefits we were able to work in (adding in-stock bags to pre-orders and the PPB bags). If you guys have any questions about pre-orders or the new totes, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                          Also, Darcy - hope to see pictures of your new ride sometime (and you on it?)!!
                          Hehe. Maybe... it's a fun thing to learn how to do.

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                          My guess is that the Truck is going to be very popular with knitters and other folks on Ravelry: it has the ability to stand up when empty, but is light weight and has sections.
                          I'm excited to see all the ways people end up using The Truck. A couple of the ways I've used it so far:

I packed it with everything we needed for Fiona's dog training class (she just earned her AKC Novice Trick Dog title!) last weekend: Camp Mat, stainless steel water bowl, two water bottles full of ice water (hot day), treat bag, extra treats, tug toy, chew toy, and, because we were waiting for a while during part of the class, a book and my 13" MacBook Air (needed to do a little work for the debut!) It was super easy to load all of that into the bag and pull various elements out when needed. I also appreciated how separated the water bottles were from everything else (I put them in one of the end pockets.)

I've always gotten compliments about my Shop Bags but I get even more about The Truck: the folks who work at the grocery store love loading it (and I do too when they're short on staff and I bag my own groceries.) Loading it is fun like Tetris: it's easy to see in the bag and it's wide / easy to fit stuff in it that you can focus your few seconds on finding the most efficient spot for each grocery item as opposed to holding the bag open or peering into it.
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                            DARCY!!! Preorder Wednesday, July 24th.

July 24th is a Tuesday, so is it Wed. July 25th or Tues. July 24th?
                            Oooh, good catch. Thank you. The bags will go up for pre-order on Tuesday, July 24th. We've fixed that on the product pages.

Everyone: if you're interested in any of the totes, remember to sign up on any one of the new tote pages to be notified via email the moment they go up for pre-order on the 24th.

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
                            In the Tote Bag FAQ, love the picture of the old Firewood Hauler. Now that’s what I’d like! All new Tom Bihn bags are just too nice to put to such rough use.
                            We might actually offer the firewood hauler as a pre-order item someday... being able to do stuff like that is one of the reasons we're excited about pre-order
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thanks, Darcy!!! I love all the new tote designs. Now I have a week to calm down and NOT buy one of every single color and actually choose what I really want. Love the new ballistic colors, too.

I'm hoping that the Truck might be a good weaving workshop tote bag. I'm looking forward to doing a testpack.
                              Last edited by BWeaves; 07-18-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I am torn. I'd like to get a good bag for carrying my pumping gear. Right now I'm using my large shop bag, but I don't love it. The zipper large shop bag would be nice to keep everything from spilling out, but the structure of the truck is appealing.

Are there any pumping mamas at Tom Bihn who can provide a recommendation?

Comment

Working...
                                X