Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,181   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, drkrokr.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil hints Darcy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Here's a discussion about using the Smart Alec for pumping gear. Alas, the SA is discontinued, but still shows up regularly on eBay and other TB boards (Ravelry, FB). I only had the Medela backpack that came with my pump, which I liked because it didn't look like it carried lactation gear, but it was small, uncomfortable, and unlovely.

    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post123914

    Originally posted by BP180 View Post
    Hmm, I am torn. I'd like to get a good bag for carrying my pumping gear. Right now I'm using my large shop bag, but I don't love it. The zipper large shop bag would be nice to keep everything from spilling out, but the structure of the truck is appealing.

    Are there any pumping mamas at Tom Bihn who can provide a recommendation?
    If you like the Truck, maybe tether some Stuff Sacks/Travel Stuff Sacks to each pocket to corral your gear? You'd have to open/close each SS separately, but it gives you the advantages of both the zip-top and the wide-based tote. In the meantime you could preview how it works by setting up your LSB with stuff sacks.
    Last edited by haraya; 07-18-2018, 01:00 PM.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by haraya View Post
      Here's a discussion about using the Smart Alec for pumping gear. Alas, the SA is discontinued, but still shows up regularly on eBay and other TB boards (Ravelry, FB). I only had the Medela backpack that came with my pump, which I liked because it didn't look like it carried lactation gear, but it was small, uncomfortable, and unlovely.

      https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post123914



      If you like the Truck, maybe tether some Stuff Sacks/Travel Stuff Sacks to each pocket to corral your gear? You'd have to open/close each SS separately, but it gives you the advantages of both the zip-top and the wide-based tote. In the meantime you could preview how it works by setting up your LSB with stuff sacks.
      Thanks for the recommendations!

      Comment


        #48
        Darcy, is it still a possibility that another batch of Large Shop Bags (zippered or original) will become available in the Dawn, Veridian, and/or Grass, or has the remaining material been slated exclusively for The Truck bags?

        Comment


          #49
          Evil hints Darcy?

          Congrats to Fiona!! I have dreams of getting a CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate someday...
          We recently added this fluffy guy to our family and he’s not very food-motivated, so treat-based training is a slooooow process. [emoji12] (But he did graduate from his puppy basics class, so there’s hope!!) Please ask Fiona if she has any tips for the newbie! [emoji1]



          Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          I'm excited to see all the ways people end up using The Truck. A couple of the ways I've used it so far:

          I packed it with everything we needed for Fiona's dog training class (she just earned her AKC Novice Trick Dog title!) last weekend: Camp Mat, stainless steel water bowl, two water bottles full of ice water (hot day), treat bag, extra treats, tug toy, chew toy, and, because we were waiting for a while during part of the class, a book and my 13" MacBook Air (needed to do a little work for the debut!) It was super easy to load all of that into the bag and pull various elements out when needed. I also appreciated how separated the water bottles were from everything else (I put them in one of the end pockets.)



          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by haraya; 07-18-2018, 01:21 PM.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by majandra22 View Post
            is it still a possibility that another batch of Large Shop Bags (zippered or original) will become available in the Dawn, Veridian, and/or Grass?
            This, but in any of the other 210/525 colors, too. I appreciate the light weight halcyon, but the colors just don't appeal to me, and I also would like more durability.
            Last edited by ThomGault; 07-18-2018, 01:35 PM.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
              In the Tote Bag FAQ, love the picture of the old Firewood Hauler. Now that’s what I’d like! All new Tom Bihn bags are just too nice to put to such rough use.
              Is the Tote Bag FAQ link broken? I keep getting a WOOF! 404 error
              Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
              Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
              Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by haraya View Post
                Congrats to Fiona!! I have dreams of getting a CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate someday...
                We recently added this fluffy guy to our family and he’s not very food-motivated, so treat-based training is a slooooow process. [emoji12] (But he did graduate from his puppy basics class, so there’s hope!!) Please ask Fiona if she has any tips for the newbie! [emoji1]
                Oh man, too cute. Please tell us more about him -- name? How old exactly? And yay for graduating from puppy basics!

                Does your pup like to jump around and on things? That was one of the first ways I began "training" Fiona when she was younger. Less "sits" and more "go through the tunnel!" or "jump up on the log!" to channel her plentiful puppy energy

                Originally posted by lizziejean3 View Post
                Is the Tote Bag FAQ link broken? I keep getting a WOOF! 404 error
                It should be working now. Sorry about that -- we very quickly and temporarily took it down a couple of times to figure out a formatting issue we're having on the blog.

                Originally posted by majandra22 View Post
                Darcy, is it still a possibility that another batch of Large Shop Bags (zippered or original) will become available in the Dawn, Veridian, and/or Grass, or has the remaining material been slated exclusively for The Truck bags?
                Good question. We chose not to offer Shop Bags in 210d or 525d ballistic because we thought it would create too many options and that could result in inefficiencies when we batch cut the pre-order production runs. And, ultimately, we chose to make the totes in the fabrics that we deemed the most appropriate for each design.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
                  Is the Tote Bag FAQ link broken? I keep getting a WOOF! 404 error

                  It should be working now. Sorry about that -- we very quickly and temporarily took it down a couple of times to figure out a formatting issue we're having on the blog.

                  Thank you!
                  Last edited by lizziejean3; 07-18-2018, 02:42 PM.
                  Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
                  Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
                  Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

                  Comment


                    #54
                    @Darcy, on the Truck page, are the colors in the upper row in 525 and the bottom row the 210 colors? I am very happy to see colors like grass, viridian, and dawn being used in the Truck tote, but also excited to see the new ballistic colors as well. Just trying to figure out which of the new colors are 525 or 210 before I preorder.

                    Edit: I see in today's new bags thread, the colors are identified by ballistic weight.

                    The Truck, Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Mars Red 525 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Aubergine 525 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Island 210 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Dawn 210 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Viridian 210 Ballistic
                    The Truck, Grass 210 Ballistic
                    Last edited by pammy; 07-18-2018, 05:05 PM.
                    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

                    Comment


                      #55
                      His name is Loki! (Because he likes to gnaw on shoes and ankles.) He’s coming up on five months - we got him when he was eight weeks and looked like this:



                      He knows “sit”, we’re working on consistent “down” and “wait”. I love the idea of tunnels and climbing to provide some variety! Also it’s more interesting for the kids in terms of helping to train him. We’ll try those, thanks!!

                      Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                      Oh man, too cute. Please tell us more about him -- name? How old exactly? And yay for graduating from puppy basics!

                      Does your pup like to jump around and on things? That was one of the first ways I began "training" Fiona when she was younger. Less "sits" and more "go through the tunnel!" or "jump up on the log!" to channel her plentiful puppy energy



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by haraya View Post
                        His name is Loki! (Because he likes to gnaw on shoes and ankles.) He’s coming up on five months - we got him when he was eight weeks and looked like this:



                        He knows “sit”, we’re working on consistent “down” and “wait”. I love the idea of tunnels and climbing to provide some variety! Also it’s more interesting for the kids in terms of helping to train him. We’ll try those, thanks!!






                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        He's adorable!
                        Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
                        Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
                        Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by haraya View Post
                          His name is Loki! (Because he likes to gnaw on shoes and ankles.)
                          Hehe! That's awesome. I'm glad he's found a home with you guys. That's pretty cool he's already working on those cues. I'm sure I'll be speaking for everyone when I say: keep sharing photos of him with us.
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            Good question. We chose not to offer Shop Bags in 210d or 525d ballistic because we thought it would create too many options and that could result in inefficiencies when we batch cut the pre-order production runs. And, ultimately, we chose to make the totes in the fabrics that we deemed the most appropriate for each design.
                            I'm going to treasure my Dawn LSB and Canyon SSB then! I love my Island and NWSky, but the 210 is a different vibe.
                            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by pammy View Post
                              @Darcy, on the Truck page, are the colors in the upper row in 525 and the bottom row the 210 colors? I am very happy to see colors like grass, viridian, and dawn being used in the Truck tote, but also excited to see the new ballistic colors as well. Just trying to figure out which of the new colors are 525 or 210 before I preorder.
                              On my browser at least, if you hover your cursor over the colour block, it tells you the colour name and material
                              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by G42 View Post
                                On my browser at least, if you hover your cursor over the colour block, it tells you the colour name and material
                                On Apple devices (computers and iOS devices), if you enable VoiceOver (one of the accessibility options for blind, low-vision, and print-disabled users that is built into all their devices -- since 2005 for computers and since 2009 on iOS devices), you can hear the colors announced as you move focus over the color blocks. (On my iPhone I don't get the color options displayed in the browser, but I have my device set up so that VoiceOver is enabled with a triple click of the Home button. This is set up in "Settings > General > Accessibility (> VoiceOver ON), then with the setting for "Triple-click home" at the bottom of the Accessibility screen set to "VoiceOver", clicking the Home button 3 times quickly turns VoiceOver on or off. Then, in the browser page for produts, when VO is on, flicking right on the screen to move cursor focus over the color patches for the Truck gives me "Nebulous Gray 525 Ballistic", "Island 210 Ballistic", "Deep Blue 525 Ballistic", "AlphaViolet 525 Ballistic", "Black 525 Ballistic", "Mars Red 525 Ballistic", "Dawn 210 Ballistic", "Viridian 210 Ballistic", "Grass 210 Ballistic", "Aubergine 525 Ballistic" announced. If you have vision, you can touch the color patch to move cursor focus to a color you want identified when VoiceOver is on, but the flick right (or left) gesture on the screen is the standard way of navigating to the next item. And you can triple-click the home button to turn VO off.

                                The info is also there if you hover your cursor over the color block (but this doesn't work on my iPhone browser).

                                HTH

                                moriond

                                ETA: I see @pammy went to the new bags thread for the color identifications, but the method I outlined works for me on my iOS devices in general -- because the image block samples are labeled, I can also use this to hear the weight of Halcyon.
                                Last edited by moriond; 07-18-2018, 06:53 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X