Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Debut Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbom View Post
    Is the Firewood carrier already out of stock?

https://www.tombihn.com/products/firewood-carrier
    It is indeed sold out. We've updated the message on the Firewood Carrier page to be:

Tom's Firewood Carrier is sold out. It's possible we might make it again in November 2019. If you’re interested in being notified *if* we make Tom's Firewood Carrier again, sign up to be notified here.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      It is indeed sold out. We've updated the message on the Firewood Carrier page to be:

Tom's Firewood Carrier is sold out. It's possible we might make it again in November 2019. If you’re interested in being notified *if* we make Tom's Firewood Carrier again, sign up to be notified here.
      I didn't read that right the first time. "Hmmm November, that's this month." Then I saw 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
        I also placed an order for a Road Buddy and I also went with the Steel. Really happy with that decision! And I was good and didn't order anything else, the only thing I did was upgrade to the Absolute Strap.
        Steel RB36 is just lovely! Really, really very happy with mine. I love this colour, and yes it is a little bit greenish.

Comment

Originally posted by KAB View Post
          Steel RB36 is just lovely! Really, really very happy with mine. I love this colour, and yes it is a little bit greenish.
          Mine has been delivered today, but I haven't been home yet! My neighbours got it, hopefully someone already fetched it. Else I have to wait until tomorrow because it's much too late in the evening now.

Comment

Fetched mine and the color is totally awesome. I definitely made the right decision. The grey has a greenish hue and even looks more green than grey depending on the light. It’s a great neutral, but also a great color at the same time.

Comment

RB36 with Wasabi zipper pulls... It’s been only a few hours but I already love this bag. It’s so much nicer than my old duffel!

Click image for larger version

Name:	19CADB46-F0C2-4CDB-8459-A1097D046D84.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	304574

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                RB36 with Wasabi zipper pulls... It’s been only a few hours but I already love this bag. It’s so much nicer than my old duffel!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21488[/ATTACH]
                OH YES! That looks great. I think that the Steel RB36 could well become my favourite TB bag.

Comment

Just got my order
                  Nik's wallet #4 is 😍😍😍
                  It's so much smaller than the COW, for a second, my eyes tricked me into thinking it was TOO small to hold cards, but (obviously) it's not.
                  Got lots of new(er) colors... Totally psyched to use them! :-D

Comment

Hooray! My package came today, with all new/newish stuff.

The Firewood Wrap is very old-school. That shade of green is not my favorite, just personal taste, but it's a gift that I think will be well-liked.

The Truck (Neb Grey) is a sturdy-looking beast. Love the color. I'm still not 100% sure it's easier to carry a load of groceries that's more horizontally distributed than in the more vertical Large Shop Bag it was bought to replace (alas, original Nordic, finally wearing out). I worry a bit about the flanking compartments sagging. Looks like a great bag to have around just in case (good layout for knitting at home, I think), but maybe too pricey for that purpose. I'll have to think about it some more.

Minimalist Wallet #4 is darling and perfect in Dawn. Loved the placeholder art cards, too! I was scared for a minute that it wouldn't hold a MetroCard, but it jusssst does.

Comment

Setrombley, the Truck will grow on you. I have one in neb grey like you and I love it. Use it everyday for gym clothes, groceries etc. Fabulous bag.

Comment

Oh, if it was just a question of "do I like it," I would totally keep it. It looks great and seems well-organized. But it's expensive enough that it needs a regular purpose.

Comment

HAH... looks like we had the same thought process on the wallet - but I'm jealous of your DAWN. mine is grass, which is awesome as well, but I'm absolutely loving the dawn (got a travel cubelet in dawn) :-D

Comment

I have a TC in Dawn, too. It may be my favorite TB color ever. It's a bit of a struggle for those of us who favor cool tones...

Comment

Finally received my Wallet #1 in black!

The build, materials, and opening action is perfect. I actually didn't have enough cards to start with, so I moved some extra IDs and cards into it and it filled out the pockets much more nicely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 10.42.33 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	482.4 KB
ID:	304589

My plan for this wallet was to leave it "open" most of the time - this promo shot of the wallet held open by the elastic, so the pockets are exposed, is very similar to my last wallet, so this is how I wanted to carry my wallet in my pocket. It's worked out pretty well so far! Nothing falls out in normal use, and when I literally shake the wallet upside down, the only things that fall out are my Tile tracker and a folded US bill, which are the the only non-credit-card-sized things I carry. I've noticed I carry the wallet 50% strapped open, 50% strapped closed, and the elastic is so easy to use that it's a non-issue to switch between the two.

My partner got a Dawn Wallet #3 and it's beautiful! She keeps her tappable cards, like a work key and transit pass, in the outside pocket, but in my experience, keeping my tappable cards inside the wallet hasn't interfered with them being read by scanners.

These wallets are my new favorite wallets of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by thax View Post
                                I didn't read that right the first time. "Hmmm November, that's this month." Then I saw 2019!
                                Keep checking with customer service to see if any Firewood Carriers are returned within the 60-day return period. I purchased one as a gift and it's super cool, so I am thinking of keeping it and finding another gift to give.
                                Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Working...
                                X