Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Debut Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kathryn View Post
    Yay--thanks for the info @Darcy!

(I just made a secret 15 min appointment on my work calendar for 8am PST on Monday; no one tell my boss okay? LOL)

When the Truck debued I placed my order while on a conference call at work. That may happen on the 26th too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
      It looks like there is a nice dark green bag with handles on the table in pic 2!

Can't wait for Monday!! Thanks for the tease. :-)
      Oh, I hope you're right! I've been hoping that Forest might make an appearance in 525 Ballistic someday.
      I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
        It looks like there is a nice dark green bag with handles on the table in pic 2!

Can't wait for Monday!! Thanks for the tease. :-)
        A pop tote in a new dark green colour? Definitely interested!
        A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
          The pizza does look amazing, and I love weird shots! I know you said no hints, @Darcy -- they say a great way to hide something is to place it in plain sight. So I can't help but wonder -- is TOM BIHN Pizza one of the items in the debut?

On the topic of weirdness, the mushroom at the top right of that pizza first looked like a sculpture of the profile of someone's face to me.
          Oooh, this begs the question: what toppings would a TOM BIHN pizza have? We’ll have the poll the crew…. and yes, that mushroom does look like someone’s profile!

Originally posted by G42 View Post
          I"m having a minor mope, because I want what @pott is preferring too
          If it helps… it’s not out of the realm of possibility that there will someday be a smaller Brain Bag — it’s been discussed — but it’s not in the works right now and won’t be happening anytime soon. Making sure you see this too @pott

Originally posted by TRD View Post
          Please please let it include PCSBs that match the materials of a DLBP!
          No new Packing Cube Shoulder Bags (PCSBs) this debut. We will offer PCSBs in 210d ballistic nylon (more O-rings, too!) in early 2019.

Originally posted by backpack View Post
          Darcy, who is the pizza maker?
          We ordered from Pagliacci (https://www.pagliacci.com/) this time. It was really good!

Originally posted by experimentjon View Post
          Dream would be that all of the zip top shop bags come back in stock, the A30 in black ballistic / northwest sky comes back in stock, and there's the chance at a few new bags all shipped in the same box.
          Zip-Top Shop Bags in 200d Halcyon will be back in-stock on 11/26. I’m checking on tha A30 in Black/Northwest Sky for you. Oh, speaking of Zip-Top Shop Bags: they won’t be available in 210d ballistic this year, but I’ll share some news early next week about that happening in the future.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
            If it helps… it’s not out of the realm of possibility that there will someday be a smaller Brain Bag — it’s been discussed — but it’s not in the works right now and won’t be happening anytime soon. Making sure you see this too @pott

We ordered from Pagliacci (https://www.pagliacci.com/) this time. It was really good!

Zip-Top Shop Bags in 200d Halcyon will be back in-stock on 11/26. I’m checking on tha A30 in Black/Northwest Sky for you. Oh, speaking of Zip-Top Shop Bags: they won’t be available in 210d ballistic this year, but I’ll share some news early next week about that happening in the future.
            Ok, we'll hold out hope of a small BB

I briefly lived in Queen Anne back in '98 and ate at Pag's all the time! Good pizza, nice people.

Yeah for 210 ballistic!
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21345[/ATTACH]
              Wow. It looked super delicious. Is that dry-chili or bacon?
              We didn't get the chance to try much western food (Pizza or Steak) when we were in town on February. We actually had intention to dine-in at the Space Needle. Unfortunately, it was closed due non-routine maintenance. But we manage to have a small pizza with excellent beer at nearby indoor cafeteria with many eateries inside and common seating area. Not sure what's the name but I think a Starbucks is part of eateries too.
              Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
              Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
              Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
              Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing what's coming up in this next round

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                  Wow. It looked super delicious. Is that dry-chili or bacon?
                  We didn't get the chance to try much western food (Pizza or Steak) when we were in town on February. We actually had intention to dine-in at the Space Needle. Unfortunately, it was closed due non-routine maintenance. But we manage to have a small pizza with excellent beer at nearby indoor cafeteria with many eateries inside and common seating area. Not sure what's the name but I think a Starbucks is part of eateries too.
                  Sundried tomatoes!

I've eaten at that indoor cafeteria too! I like it a lot -- where else can I get pizza, a vegan gluten-free brownie and french fries and eat them all in the same meal?
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I’m good with the future path of the PCSB, as long as DLBPs are made in corresponding colors/materials. (I may be a tad obsessive compulsive. lol.)

Comment

I'd love the zip top shop bags in the brighter colors of 210 ballistic.

Comment

Happy November 19th everyone!!! Here's hoping you get something checked off your wish list!!!
                        Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 11-19-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Sundried tomatoes!
                          OMG, sundried tomatoes? I thought the red things were hot peppers. Lots and lots of red hot chili peppers.

Comment

Really looking forward to 210d ballistic ZTSBs!! I was carrying leftovers in my small ZTSB on Friday - didn’t have time to go home for dinner before watching our local high school’s (amazing - Idina Menzel saw it!!) production of Rent, and I was so grateful that the zipper kept the smell of kimchi from distracting my seat mates. 😄😄 Looking forward to adding more colors to my collection!

Comment

No new Packing Cube Shoulder Bags (PCSBs) this debut. We will offer PCSBs in 210d ballistic nylon (more O-rings, too!) in early 2019.
                              Darn it! I already have 3 PCSBs and I don't really need another one, but I think I'm going to end up with a new one in early 2019 anyway
                              "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Shadow Guide!
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X