Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haraya
    replied
    Update - [bchaplin] - On my most recent trip I was browsing in the airport, and found that NiteIze now makes their S-biners in different colors! Much easier to slip onto O-rings than using a split key ring. I bought the #3 size in blue (Island ) and orange (Burnt Orange ).

Amazon has a 3-pack (black, orange, blue): Assorted sizes

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
    That may have been mentioned, but I didn't remember it. Great idea! Thanks!

>>You might have figured this out already as a hack, but I put a large/medium split key ring on the pull loop of the Freudian Slip and use that as an attachment point for OPs, when I'm using one. (I also add split rings to the top O-rings in most of my TB backpacks, both because they are slightly larger and allow me to attach more keystraps, and because they are shiny and easier to spot in a dark interior.)

>>Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin
    I am using the S19 Freudian Slip in my Daylight Backpack. I would like to see more upper attachments that allow me to make use of the vertical space. An o-ring or a few along the top would allow affixing of small organizer pouches. A zipped section for papers, like some of the other FS's have, would also be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    Originally posted by Lia View Post
    I wonder if these would have enough rigidity?
    I believe they would be. There was a recent comment about Shop Bags in 210 Ballistic being floppier than Halcyon, but I believe that is because they're heavier and have more weight to pull themselves down. The Travel Trays are so small, and the seaming so clever, that I believe they would stand up just fine. My concern is that they wouldn't collapse flat in the 210. Travel Trays were once made in the thicker 400 Halcyon as well but are not anymore. I wonder (but do not know!) if the thicker fabric wasn't ideal for flattening. But since I always have one or two out, they don't always need flattening! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Lia
    replied
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
    Travel trays in 210 ballistic!
    I wonder if these would have enough rigidity?

Leave a comment:

• tress29
    replied
    Originally posted by aedifica View Post
    I don't think this would necessarily be a good addition to the TB lineup, but I'd love to have a Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip that was a scaled-down version of the MCB one. I'm actually thinking about making one myself, inspired by @sharkh's PCSB pocket insert which I also made one of. (If I do, I will definitely post pictures.)
    I hadn't seen that before, so thanks for sharing the link...

Leave a comment:

• aedifica
    replied
    I don't think this would necessarily be a good addition to the TB lineup, but I'd love to have a Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip that was a scaled-down version of the MCB one. I'm actually thinking about making one myself, inspired by @sharkh's PCSB pocket insert which I also made one of. (If I do, I will definitely post pictures.)

Leave a comment:

• pvn
    replied
    And +1 for the return of the maker's bag in coyote. I love mine in Verde but would love to have another.

Leave a comment:

• pvn
    replied
    Yes, essentially the MB is just a different-dimensioned LCB but there are some differences, the maker's bag has an inside zip pocket instead of the outside slash pocket on the CBs, and the MB has organization (pen slots etc) inside the front zip pocket. (Actually my LCB is an older model in cordura, they may have added organization in the front zip before discontinuing, not sure).

Leave a comment:

• wavebeam
    replied
    Really like my SCB... Realizing the Maker's Bag is just a wide and slightly deeper CB after seeing a friends... Really wish they were still available in Coyote right now...

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    A30 small laundry cubes in Violet, before it retires...

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    Travel trays in 210 ballistic!

Leave a comment:

• anna2222
    replied
    PU in black halcyon with NWS interior or

PU in 525 Nebulous grey and NWS or cloud interior

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    Originally posted by carrot View Post
    I was wondering about the possibility of offering TSS, TLSS, SSB, and DLBP in Aether alongside Halcyon to offer something for those of us looking to cut our travel weight. I feel like the Daylight backpack and Shop Bags are really ripe for alternative, highly packable Aether models as well as the various stuff sacks.
    If this were to happen, then my wish would be for it to happen before Violet was retired.

Leave a comment:

• carrot
    replied
    I was wondering about the possibility of offering TSS, TLSS, SSB, and DLBP in Aether alongside Halcyon to offer something for those of us looking to cut our travel weight. I feel like the Daylight backpack and Shop Bags are really ripe for alternative, highly packable Aether models as well as the various stuff sacks.

Leave a comment:

• cdh
    replied
    Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
    Coyote SK.
    Coyote DLBP
    Coyote S19
    Coyote SE

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    Coyote SK.