Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,771   Posts: 190,624   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dot
    replied
    a coin pocket with a zipper for Nik’s Wallet #4 (which I realize would be Wallet #5, and no longer minimalist, haha)

Leave a comment:

• aedifica
    replied
    Something I've been hoping for for a while, but keep forgetting to post it here: a Small Laundry packing cube for Western Flyer.

Leave a comment:

• mreh
    replied
    The return of Azalea! Found old pictures of it, and am longing for that color. Would love a poptote in that color!

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    Oh yes. As a lady, a rich chocolate brown would be great, and look fantastic with black trim in the SK or Pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Rei
    replied
    I'm still drolling over the Guide pack and... I'd like the greenish color to come back

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaH View Post
    I'd like to see ballistic fabric in a nice dark brown. I'd love burnt orange to come back.
    +1 on the dark brown, preferably a rich chocolate shade!

BTW, Burnt Orange in 1050 ballistic is still around and TB is adding it in 525 ballistic - it's "in production" on the Synapses.... was that the orange you meant or one of the previous Cordura oranges?

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    replied
    I use the Freudian Slip for much the same purpose. I have both a Medium Cafe FS and a Small Cafe FS - I use them not only with my Cafe Bags but also in the MAker's Bag and in my Swift (Little or regular). I used to have multiple sizes and colors of stuff sacks and OPs with matching key straps, to separate my belongings by category, but then they would get all tangled up.

So now I have some items directly in the pockets/compartments of the FS, and some that are in OPs (things that I use less frequently) attached to an oversized split keyring that is on the grab handle of the FS. (The FS can also be tethered to the O-ring of whatever bag it's in.) The advantage of having that central anchor point is that it is in the middle of the bag - which is not really a place that an O-ring can otherwise be located (since it would be floating in space, far from any bag seam that it could be sewn into).

Originally posted by backpack View Post
    I used to have that problem, I now place a Travel Cubelet in the main compartment.

This solve the emergency vs non emergency or most used versus less used Pouches.
    Gives me 3 more inner pockets and 4 more O rings.

Leave a comment:

• LisaH
    replied
    I'd like to see ballistic fabric in a nice dark brown. I'd love burnt orange to come back.
    I like the flap on the SCB and MCB, but I would like a zipper on the main compartment as well as the back pocket.

Leave a comment:

• Izzy
    replied
    BRILLIANT!
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    I used to have that problem, I now place a Travel Cubelet in the main compartment.

This solve the emergency vs non emergency or most used versus less used Pouches.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Izzy View Post
    YES! there are only 2 o-rings in the small cafe bag -- not enough! I've tried to make do by attaching a larger ring to each o-ring, so I can attach more than 1 key strap comfortably. I use different color key straps for different items, but then I have to remember which key strap has my whale, which holds coupons and paper money (some of us still like to pay with cash), which holds emergency Advil and other meds, which holds lip balm, which holds credit card, grocery cards, and work ID, which holds health insurance cards for the whole family, and which one has my actual ... keys. (They ARE called "key straps!")

That way I'm not digging through a pile of small, lightweight pouches trying to find the right one -- I can just go for the right color key strap.

But with only 2 o-rings, they get all tangled. Plus, it's often helpful to remember the location of the O-ring where the desired pouch is hanging, rather than having to peer at which color [tangled] strap is needed.

MORE O-RINGS IN THE CAFE BAGS, PLEASE!

Leave a comment:

• Izzy
    replied
    Originally posted by terayon View Post
    One of the other threads reminded me - I’d love to see an o-ring along the upper left side seam inside the slip pocket of the Cafe Bags. I’m so used to being able to clip things in to make sure they don’t get lost now that it feels weird to not do it!

YES! there are only 2 o-rings in the small cafe bag -- not enough! I've tried to make do by attaching a larger ring to each o-ring, so I can attach more than 1 key strap comfortably. I use different color key straps for different items, but then I have to remember which key strap has my whale, which holds coupons and paper money (some of us still like to pay with cash), which holds emergency Advil and other meds, which holds lip balm, which holds credit card, grocery cards, and work ID, which holds health insurance cards for the whole family, and which one has my actual ... keys. (They ARE called "key straps!")

That way I'm not digging through a pile of small, lightweight pouches trying to find the right one -- I can just go for the right color key strap.

But with only 2 o-rings, they get all tangled. Plus, it's often helpful to remember the location of the O-ring where the desired pouch is hanging, rather than having to peer at which color [tangled] strap is needed.

MORE O-RINGS IN THE CAFE BAGS, PLEASE!

Leave a comment:

• pcooperllan
    replied
    2019 wish list

I would love to see:
    1. Slightly larger SK, or the same organisation in the PCSB.
    2. Slightly larger S25 - doesn’t need a dedicated laptop pocket though, I love the flexibility of choosing whether the laptop goes in the front or back, and opening one pocket to get to my 3-1-1 and laptop while going through airport security is extremely convenient. A squarer shape would probably achieve enough of a size increase.
    3. I would also love to see some small and discreet lash points added to the S25, maybe hyperlon. Being able to attach the SK to the S25 while going through the airport would be awesome.
    4. Finally a double-sided OP, kind of like a tiny SC would be brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pcooperllan; 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• terayon
    replied
    One of the other threads reminded me - I’d love to see an o-ring along the upper left side seam inside the slip pocket of the Cafe Bags. I’m so used to being able to clip things in to make sure they don’t get lost now that it feels weird to not do it!

Leave a comment:

• Traveltech
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenji View Post
    I would LOVE if TB would make the little 10l convertible backpack that was sold along with the Hero’s Journey a thing. It’s perfect as a small crossbody bag, similar to the Co-pilot but transforms into a mini backpack with a water bottle holder! It was truly one of the most innovative and ingenious designs created in my opinion.
    YES! I love the design of that top bag and I love tha there’s a dedicated water bottle holder in the backpack version.

Leave a comment:

• Jenji
    replied
    I would LOVE if TB would make the little 10l convertible backpack that was sold along with the Hero’s Journey a thing. It’s perfect as a small crossbody bag, similar to the Co-pilot but transforms into a mini backpack with a water bottle holder! It was truly one of the most innovative and ingenious designs created in my opinion. I have even decided that though I don’t need the additional 45l’s provided by the H’s J, if it made a run again, I would buy it just for that little bag..

Also I’m all for some different color lining in the general bags. NWS and Island are nice but I would like another S19 with a UV interior and Halcyon exterior. Same for the cafe bags since we’re wishful and all .. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X