No announcement yet.

Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally, I agree with TRD about the laptop compartment- I have my own sleeves and cases, and would probably not use a dedicated laptop space in a bag. I find most dedicated laptop compartments to be heavy, bulky, and get in the way. The cache and rail system works fine for me, because it's more modular. That being said, the compartments in the Syniks are much less intrusive than normal ones, so I would be ok with one of those.

Oh my gosh, a grey or blue Smart Alec with a solaris interior would be amazing! Or a guides edition, with extra lash points- that would be a dayhiker's dream come true.

Comment

One more SA would be perfect for my collection. Even if TB can only make them in black 525 ballistic, I'd still be happy. No laptop compartment please. The beauty of SA is its simplicity, with waterbottle section. Won't mind new straps and zippers and logo though!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ursa/Solaris or Ursa/Coyote would be nice, but I'd take a basic black one any day.

It's my every day carry for work. I can put daily stuff in, plus a giant scarf, hat, gloves, etc. Loved it when we had a fire alarm go off when it was 7 F out. Grabbed the bag, and I had all I needed to stay warm while waiting for the all clear. There's no way that fits in my S19 (otherwise known as The Egg).

Comment

Originally posted by roychen View Post
          I would love to see a revamped Smart Alec with laptop compartment, edgeless straps, Design Lab zipper pulls, in Ursa 525 Ballistic exterior with Solaris / Acuity interior.
          Mostly agree except for the laptop compartment. I would just use my tablet in its Otterbox case or use a cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

For anyone not on Facebook, here's an update from today about a possible Smart Alec run later this year/early next year.

"Tom and Nik are working together on an updated version of the Smart Alec. That said, they are working on a very long list of other designs and reissues, so we don't have an ETA for an updated Smart Alec (yet!) Could be late this year or, more likely, first few months of 2022."

Click image for larger version

Name:	tb smart alec update.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	332870
            Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

@Aeon Appreciate reposts like this as I am not on FB.

Comment

Oh my gosh, thank you! I am not on Facebook either, so I appreciate this update on one of my favorite bags.

And thank you to Tom and Nik for working on an update to the Smart Alec! I didn't find Tom Bihn until after the SA had been discontinued, and I have wanted one so much (ever since I got to try one my friend had).

Comment

Thanks Aeon

Just so folks know, I shared that update (I think) in response to a question asked about the SA. Just goes to show we're more likely to spill the beans when asked about them, oops And any announcements will be posted both here and on the FB group!

One thing I can share, even though the Smart Alec reissue is likely slated for early 2022: it'll have the same back panel (breathable mesh, removable internal frame + laptop compartment) of the Shadow Guide V2.
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    Just goes to show we're more likely to spill the beans when asked about them, oops
                    Any hope for a redesigned/updated/Design Lab/alt version of the NFTD that avoids the specialty foam issue?
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

One thing I can share, even though the Smart Alec reissue is likely slated for early 2022: it'll have the same back panel (breathable mesh, removable internal frame + laptop compartment) of the Shadow Guide V2.
                      Well, that settles it: my OG Black Halycon Smart Alec will be up for sale sometime this year. Please, oh please, oh please don't stop using the blackout label with black bags before the SA reissue. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the update, Darcy.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Any hope for a redesigned/updated/Design Lab/alt version of the NFTD that avoids the specialty foam issue?
                        We're discussing that actively, though it's very early in the process (no prototypes, no firm plans, just discussions). It is something we'd like to work on... that's what I can offer right now

Originally posted by Aeon View Post

Well, that settles it: my OG Black Halycon Smart Alec will be up for sale sometime this year. Please, oh please, oh please don't stop using the blackout label with black bags before the SA reissue. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the update, Darcy.
                        You bet! And I can't imagine we'd stop using the blackout label with black bags anytime soon: most people seem to love it.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thanks Aeon

Just so folks know, I shared that update (I think) in response to a question asked about the SA. Just goes to show we're more likely to spill the beans when asked about them, oops And any announcements will be posted both here and on the FB group!

Any chance modular pockets (upper, lower or both) will be part of the reissue?

Comment

Originally posted by Senua View Post

Any chance modular pockets (upper, lower or both) will be part of the reissue?
                            Still discussing that! May depend on our production capacity at that time.

Comment

Still discussing that! May depend on our production capacity at that time.
                              Thank you. If you're keeping tally, I'd like to vote for the upper modular pocket, or Side Effects that will match.

Comment

Working...
                              X