Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,329   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People with cameras: you won't believe this, but...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I just read on the blog/twitter that the release date for the camera insert should be announced next week!

    Comment


      #62
      I saw that earlier today, as well! I wanna see pictures of it in action!


      My Tom Bihn arsenal
      Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
      Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

      Comment


        #63
        Is photo insert dead?

        Hey Darcy,

        Just curious. My question's prompted by Maverick's nice video on carrying photo gear in the Synapse. Is the photo insert that Tom's bro was prototyping back in February dead/sleeping very deeply/ way at back at line of possible products?

        I kinda gave up waiting and used a simple Tenba insert in my Patag*** bag. Hated to go to the dark side but ...

        waywest

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by waywest View Post
          Hey Darcy,

          Just curious. My question's prompted by Maverick's nice video on carrying photo gear in the Synapse. Is the photo insert that Tom's bro was prototyping back in February dead/sleeping very deeply/ way at back at line of possible products?

          I kinda gave up waiting and used a simple Tenba insert in my Patag*** bag. Hated to go to the dark side but ...

          waywest
          It's still very much a high priority, but we haven't yet found the right material to be laminated to the foam for the exterior of the insert. Until we find the right material, the insert won't be available for pre-order. We want it to be perfect.

          And hey - I currently use an Ortlieb camera bag. While I don't own any Patagonia bags, I own a number of great pieces of clothing made by them - I think they're a cool company.
          Last edited by Darcy; 09-14-2009, 12:08 PM.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Darcy View Post
            It's still very much a high priority, but we haven't yet found the right material to be laminated to the foam for the exterior of the insert. Until we find the right material, the insert won't be available for pre-order. We want it to be perfect.

            And hey - I currently use an Ortlieb camera bag. While I don't own any Patagonia bags, I own a number of great pieces of clothing made by them - I think they're a cool company.

            Thanks for the quick update. And, hey, which Ortlieb bag are you using? Details, we want details. ;-)

            waywest

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by waywest View Post
              Thanks for the quick update. And, hey, which Ortlieb bag are you using? Details, we want details. ;-)
              I use the Aqua Cam.

              Also - we found some possible fabrics for the exterior of the insert. I'll keep everyone posted.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

              Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

              Comment

              Working...
              X