Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,335   Members: 6,543   Active Members: 290
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain bag questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain bag questions

Just a few questions. I'm thinking about a gift for someone, but I want to make sure it's a good fit.
    1. It's for someone going on a whirlwind trip involving Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, and the Australian Outback. Any reason it would be a bad fit for that?
    2. Are the zippers aquaguard?
    3. Is there a rainfly for it anyone could recommend? It's Asia, so...
    4. Can anyone discuss how padded the hip strap is? I think that's likely to be a priority.
    5. Thoughts on whether the back area gets sweaty?

Thanks!

I’m a fan of the BB, especially if you want a bag that has a really big capacity, but can also shrink down smaller as needed. The zippers aren’t aquaguard, but they there is a material flap that covers the zipper to keep water out. The hip strap that comes with the bag has no padding at all. There may be a padded one you can buy extra, but I don’t have it so I can’t comment. There is mesh padding on the back to help with ventilation, but I find that my back will get sweaty depending on load/duration/temperature. I’ve had other backpacks that have better channeling in the padding that improve ventilation.

Comment

Is a great bag. I agree w prep poster comments.

Comment

@bouncing, I don't remember--do you have a Synapse? And if you do, do you have the optional padded hip belt for it? The padding is the same on the Brain Bag optional padded hip belt.
        I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Working...
        X