Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,307   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New! #5 Wallet, Super Mini Ghost Whale, and bags in 210d ballistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Has anyone who has been using the Super Mini Ghost Whale as a wallet been putting it in their front pants pocket?

Interested to know how the fit is....

Thanks,
    Josh
    Pilot (Black 1050 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon)
    Empire Builder (Black 1050 Ballistic/Steel 420 Parapack)

Comment

Hi @JoshNYC, welcome to the Forums! I think it would depend a lot on the pants and their pockets, but it would fit easily in any of my pants' front pockets (even the ones with tiny front pockets because the manufacturer thinks women don't need to carry anything).
      I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Hi @JoshNYC,

The Super Mini Ghost Whale Pouch has a similar outline profile to Nik’s wallet, but because of the zipper placement I tend to use it for items that have some depth rather than being flat — like a small tube of toothpaste. It can be effective as a minimalist wallet if you want mixed contents like a couple of cards, a small key and a few bills. Otherwise, I prefer using Nik’s wallet to more efficiently hold cards (or even a few bills). But if I needed to also hold a key inside, and only had a couple of cards to carry, I might opt for the Super Mini Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch as a substitute. I’m not sure I’d try putting in coins or items that might easily fall out, but a key I could tether to the top snap hook or its O-ring by not completely zipping the top closed.

For most purposes I like Nik’s wallet. Remember that the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches come with a snaphook built in.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums,

moriond

Comment

Thanks @moriond, thanks @aedifica !
          Pilot (Black 1050 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon)
          Empire Builder (Black 1050 Ballistic/Steel 420 Parapack)

Comment

Working...
          X