Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,449   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ultrasuede Cafe Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by marbenais View Post
    Does Tom have an estimate on the size? Similar to the Small Cafe Bag? Smaller than it?
    No size estimate yet.

Leave a comment:

• MagicTiki
    replied
    Originally posted by ex machina View Post
    Perhaps we should have a thread for cryptic quatrains about future bags. Then we can track with 20/20 hindsight which ones were 'right'.

Boil Boil Bag of Bihn
    spy bag of bowling pin
    Blue skies wrent with rain
    color born of weather pain
    Strap secure yet hides in sight
    Behold the vessel of Tom Bihn's mite!

Now in the next 5 years, I bet we can look at a bag and say "SEE!?!"

hehehe :P
    That's brilliant... Nostradamus had nothing on you, my friend.

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Does Tom have an estimate on the size? Similar to the Small Cafe Bag? Smaller than it?

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    Scrying for Bihn Bags

Perhaps we should have a thread for cryptic quatrains about future bags. Then we can track with 20/20 hindsight which ones were 'right'.

Boil Boil Bag of Bihn
    spy bag of bowling pin
    Blue skies wrent with rain
    color born of weather pain
    Strap secure yet hides in sight
    Behold the vessel of Tom Bihn's mite!

Now in the next 5 years, I bet we can look at a bag and say "SEE!?!"

hehehe :P

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by MsMoon View Post
    Darcy, you're such a tease!

It's difficult to predict exactly when the new designs will be available - I should probably start saying "sometime in the future."

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    It's still in the works, but don't expect anything else new to come out before Christmas. I'd say....April 2010!

Leave a comment:

• MsMoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    I'd say...keep an eye out in July/August!
    Darcy, you're such a tease!

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    Ultrasuede Bags?

Hi Darcy,

Any update on an Ultrasuede bag? Will the LCB be having an Ultrasuede version available soon? Perhaps in time for Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nana8 View Post
    Yummmmm! An ultrasuede Cafe Bag! Ohhh, I can hardly wait. It will be perfect for all environments -- work, play, travel, etc. Thanks, Tom & Darcy and team! Any idea when we might b able to order this luscious bag?
    It remains to be seen whether the Cafe bag will be the first Ultrasuede bag we make. I'd say...keep an eye out in July/August!

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    The LCB will be a Redux... Eventually.

Funny, I was debating holding off on a Large Cafe Bag purchase for the Ultrasuede edition, then it hit me like a thunderbolt: I can own more than one Large Cafe Bag! So off my order went.

Leave a comment:

• Nana8
    replied
    Yummmmm! An ultrasuede Cafe Bag! Ohhh, I can hardly wait. It will be perfect for all environments -- work, play, travel, etc. Thanks, Tom & Darcy and team! Any idea when we might b able to order this luscious bag?

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    Tnx!

Tnx Darcy, I'll keep an eye for that.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    No Cafe bags are available in Ultrasuede at this time, and I'm not sure when they will be: Tom is working on a different bag to be our first Ultrasuede bag, but details on that aren't available yet.

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    Tnx and a follow-up question

Thank you Darcy. I do have an additional question: Is the current Cocoa/Wasabi bag (offered via the website) a Cordura bag or an Ultrasuede bag? I suspect the answer is Cordura, but I want to confirm that as I am gearing up my next purchase and read that the Ultrasuede will be in Cocoa. If it is not the Ultrasuede, when will Ultrasuede be available (ballpark, not specifically)?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by ex machina View Post
    Is the Ultrasuede in the clear wallet the same material that will be used in making the Ultrasuede Large Cafe Bag? Will it have the same feel?
    No, it's not the same. The Cafe Bag Ultrasuede is designed more for exterior use and while it still has that amazing Ultrasuede feel, it's more substantial.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X