Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,501   Members: 6,458   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, scjoyner.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a site: bags vs. airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a site: bags vs. airlines

This was my weekend project:

https://bagsvsairlines.com

I haven't had a lot of time to do data entry, so it only has TB bags and a few airlines right now.

There's no cookies, trackers or ads, just plain html and css.

Enjoy it, and if you want to help out with airline links post here or use the "add info" link at the bottom of the page.

Tech details:

It's a Go app backed by a Bolt database, all wrapped up in a Docker container and deployed to Heroku with Cloudflare providing SSL. The pages are rendered using the Go templating engine.

Fun to see which bags for for personal bag and how much they are off by. Thanks!!

Comment

This is awesome! As you’re building it out, how easy/hard is it to add a feature that let’s us convert to inches?

Comment

It’s on the list

Comment

Super helpful, thanks!
          ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
          current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

I’ve built some tools to help with data entry, so more airlines will be showing up over this week. Thanks for all the visits, this is the only place I’ve posted the link so far.

Comment

This was way too much fun! :-P

I'd really love to see this used with airlines that don't allow free carry on bags (I'm thinking Spirit, United). But it's super helpful as-is, especially because I often fly Delta. Thanks for creating and sharing!
              kindness is contagious.

Comment

Wow, great idea! I've been looking around at carry-on bags for an upcoming trip later this year, and this is super helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by luckshot View Post
                  This was my weekend project:

https://bagsvsairlines.com

I haven't had a lot of time to do data entry, so it only has TB bags and a few airlines right now.
                  Everyone here is talking about this! Super cool. Our customer service crew would like to help by contributing data, if that's okay.
                  Will PM you about that.
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Let me know, and I’ll get you the CSV headers I use for bulk import

Comment

Major update, lots of airlines, and now a cm/in choice. Also filled out the about page.

If you didn't notice, you can link directly to a comparison, for example A45 vs British Air in inches:
                      https://bagsvsairlines.com/fight?bag...e1b10&units=in
                      Last edited by luckshot; 08-07-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much, this website is AMAZING!

Comment

Originally posted by luckshot View Post
                          Major update, lots of airlines, and now a cm/in choice. Also filled out the about page.

If you didn't notice, you can link directly to a comparison, for example A45 vs British Air in inches:
                          https://bagsvsairlines.com/fight?bag...e1b10&units=in
                          Thanks!

BTW, Air France carry-on: 55 x 35 x 25 cm (so bag like Synapse does fit)
                          just a Bihnion here

Comment

good catch! fixed (and fixed a bug in the process, so double win)

Comment

Greetings,
                              Do you want us to share the link? Please let us know when it's okay to do so. This is awesome. Thank you! elisa

Comment

Working...
                              X