Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,307   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap packable backpack replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually use my DLBP for this, but I also like my Matador FreeRain, and it's great in situations where you really need waterproof vs. water resistant.

ETA: I just pulled up the Matador site, and they've changed the design since I purchased my FreeRain, so I can't speak to how the bag is now.
    Last edited by kathryn; 11-01-2019, 12:44 PM.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalonian View Post
      I've never seen one in person, but as far as I can tell from their web site the ultra sil day back has no external or external organization of any kind. It seems to be just a 20L zippered bag with backpack straps. Am I missing something?
      That's correct. They're simple zippered backpacks with one big compartment. But as I mentioned above, the older model packs to the size of a tangerine and the newer, even lighter model could fit inside a hollow golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalonian View Post
        It seems to be just a 20L zippered bag with backpack straps
        That's it, very minimalist. I use the PCBP in a similar capacity, but it's just the kind of thing to have at the beach to keep the sand out of your main bag, or carrying jackets and water bottles around while sightseeing. I'd probably use something like the ultra-sil if the PCBP wasn't so versatile a partner with the WF.

Comment

Working...
        X