Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,129   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebes View Post
    Hi Darcy, Is there an update on when the Medium Swivel Double Carabiners will be available for purchase? Thanks
    We're estimating sometime late January - late February.

Leave a comment:

• Rebes
    replied
    Hi Darcy, Is there an update on when the Medium Swivel Double Carabiners will be available for purchase? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    Good job on the Firewood Carrier, Tom Bihn!
    It was one of the few gifts I ever got for my stepfather that hit the mark.
    He particularly liked the handles!

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    I finally got my Seapine Green TC and unfortunately the color is quite different to what I thought from looking at pictures and reading descriptions. A lot greener than in my mind and quite strong. It’s definitely pretty, but it won’t work at all in my wardrobe. I guess I will stick to my Dawn Travel Cubelet after all...

Leave a comment:

• Rei
    replied
    I'm a little late but I want to say: I love the HLT and can't wait to order both sizes (actually I will wait 2020 debut )

I plan to use as travel pouch / art pouch (again) / camera pouch with First/Second Aid pouch accessories (I love the F/SAP but don't fit my needs)

Leave a comment:

• earth5
    replied
    *fingers crossed* I SOOOOOO hope they do a nuForest/Coyote combo (hint S19 hint)

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    replied
    Yay!! You are the bestest! Hello early Christmas present!!

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll make the Pick-Up Truck in Dawn again! I just fixed that, so Burnt Orange and Dawn are both showing up as In Production.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by haraya View Post
    Hi Darcy,

I noticed Dawn isn't on the list of "In Production" colors for the Pickup Truck. Will it be reissued in Dawn, or are you all out of Dawn now?
    We'll make the Pick-Up Truck in Dawn again! I just fixed that, so Burnt Orange and Dawn are both showing up as In Production.

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    replied
    Hi Darcy,

I noticed Dawn isn't on the list of "In Production" colors for the Pickup Truck. Will it be reissued in Dawn, or are you all out of Dawn now?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Update on this week's Icon/Monster Truck/Firewood Carrier restock is here. If you are interested in the restock, please sign up on any of the pages for those bags to be notified of the day and time we plan to restock them.

Really interesting to read everyone’s feedback and ideas around returns! Just a brief answer, as it’s still busy here in the midst of all of the holiday orders: all bags that are returned to us are thoroughly checked by Lulu and Aravelia in Quality Assurance (QA). They are very picky (that's the word they used, and we are thankful) about what passes their muster, and if a bag doesn’t, it goes to our “employee giveaway” bin. Then, once a year around the holidays, we have an employee-only raffle and everyone gets to choose a bag (they have time to examine the bags, so if one of our crew doesn’t want a used bag, they don’t have to choose one of course!) Our crew gets really excited about this giveaway each year. This system works pretty well for the majority of folks as far as we can tell, and with BIHN Labs and all of our new designs and other exciting projects in the works that will take our time and focus, we plan to stick with this system.

Originally posted by logella View Post
    Definitely (and weirdly) so. I say weirdly in a good way. I don't think I've ever seen a company interact and respond so directly to feedback. It's refreshingly weird. ;-)
    Originally posted by Lia View Post
    "refreshingly weird" can replace "portable culture" on the label
    Oh my gosh I can't convey just how much I love "refreshingly weird". We're working on an updated "header" for the website and I think "refreshingly weird" could replace "About Us"
    Last edited by Darcy; 12-10-2019, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Lia View Post
    Yes, but we wouldn’t be able to make the same forum jokes (read through near the end of my recent response post on the subjects of the antecedents of the PIKA where there’s a long quoted section. I”m also now suspicious about the name selection for that bag, since while I was composing a reply to a request about sizes in The Truck family I discovered a post Darcy made back in 2016 where she linked the best ringtone to the call of the American pika. (Sorry, you have to have a forum login to read some of these details and keep up with the best jokes)

moriond

Leave a comment:

• Lia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• logella
    replied
    The good news is I am confident that all this feedback is incorporated by Tom Bihn, and that is all any customer can ask for.
    Definitely (and weirdly) so. I say weirdly in a good way. I don't think I've ever seen a company interact and respond so directly to feedback. It's refreshingly weird. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• SeanW
    replied
    Originally posted by logella View Post
    Overall great post Sean. I enjoy reading other people's viewpoints on the bags that we all know and love so much. Although I'm no longer a business traveller having retired a little over a month ago, I agree and disagree with some of what you've said.

First, I agree I was always looking for bags that were beyond the usual black bag as it just makes life so much simpler on planes and trains. But, I don't agree that the current crop of colors don't meet that goal. I for one have never liked any of the Halcyon fabrics/designs so those were always off the table for me. Plus, I was never terribly concerned with the weight of the bag so that never matter when it came to color choice. Instead, my primary bags for business travel (A45 and a Co-Pilot) were in dark blue and gray respectively. Even my new retirement bag (Synik 22) is in deep blue and my new Side Kick is in gray.
    Thank you logella

I completely agree others will have different perspectives and preferences. I also fully believe that TB is both responsive to the market and has smart people that are making decisions that are as optimal as they can be.

That said, I also believe it is possible to make a series of sequential decisions that each look correct but then lead to a long-term solution that is less optimal.

With regards specifically to halcyon fabric, my guess is that Black 400 Halcyon outsold Original Halcyon (which explains why Original Halcyon was retired). But I can also believe that in the future 525 fabric significantly outsells Black 400 Halcyon but that same 525 fabric would not have outsold Original Halcyon so dramatically. This is a variant of the logic exercise that B > C and A > B, but A is not greater than C, where A is 525 fabric, B is Black 400 Halcyon, and C is Original Halcyon. (And at the risk of making this even more eye glazing, I am really saying A is still greater than C, just that the delta between A and C is less than A and B; there will be a test on this later.)

Why @Perseffect's post resonated with me is that the kind of path I am outlining above is a very gradual one but also hard to catch in most demand analyses. The good news is I am confident that all this feedback is incorporated by Tom Bihn, and that is all any customer can ask for.

Leave a comment:

• SC54HI
    replied
    I'd also be interested in purchasing returned bags and other items.

If the TB folks can figure out a way to do this that's compatible with their business model, I hope they go for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X