Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,631   Posts: 188,968   Members: 6,616   Active Members: 301
Thunder
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, Thunder.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Wish List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spacer mesh would be the perfect addition to the Luminary. I sold mine because it was too hot for even mild summer temps. I've been looking for a replacement but no one makes anything quite like it.

    Comment


      I’m intensely curious to see the icon in Ursa/Coyote Halcyon, with coyote zipper.

      I wish the Icon zipper was on top. I’ve had bags with the not-on-the-top zipper and reaching into the bag always bothered me.

      Comment


        Originally posted by onebag View Post
        My second and last wish is for a waist pack like the Side Effect but smaller, something with the mindset of the PIKA but can be worn around the waist. Would love to see a padded section for your phone and some organization pockets for a wallet. Of course, o-rings for a key strap! Sort of a minimally-sized waist pack for your phone/wallet/keys where things don't jumble around and your phone is protected.

        Tom Bihn seems to be missing this product segment, I think we have amazing options for travel (where you need more volume to pack clothing) as well as options for day use (where you might just have a jacket, book, phone/keys/wallet, and a water bottle) but nothing great for a minimalist take on the work bag. I bike to work and my pack consists of laptop, gym clothes, phone/wallet/keys -- I keep it minimal to faciliate cycling. On the other hand, when I'm out and about I don't always need my Luminary, usually I am just wishing I didn't have to cram my phone/wallet/keys into my pockets.
        Have you considered the HLT for this purpose? There are a couple pictures of it being used as a waist pack on the product page.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	hlt-2-1_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	306216

        Click image for larger version

Name:	htl-2-2_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	306217

        Comment


          Originally posted by ejvc View Post
          Hi TB crew! I would like to put in a plea for reflective details. Where I live it is very dark in winter and I'm often out cycling or walking in the dark with my TB bag. I've had to attach reflective things to my bags and they are not as nice as if they were integrated.

          So: perhaps reflective tabs? Reflective zipper pulls? Reflective labels? Straps with reflective edges? All of these would be appreciated.
          Ben just ordered a small quantity of a reflective zipper pull that we happen to love. The pull itself feels great: just a nice, natural curve to it. They're small, but it's a start.... will share photos + details when they arrive!
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

          Comment


            Back when GWOPs were introduced, there was a possibility of making their color-choice system available for other organizer pouches. I wish for that! (Clicks heels together three times)

            Because I enjoy color coding my organizers, so I don't need more in the same colors, but it would be amazing to have them in the new colors. New colors!

            Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

            Comment


              more coyote (Guide Edition/Skookum Dog style) accessoiries pretty please *^*
              just a Bihnion here

              Comment


                Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                Ben just ordered a small quantity of a reflective zipper pull that we happen to love. The pull itself feels great: just a nice, natural curve to it. They're small, but it's a start.... will share photos + details when they arrive!
                How great, thank you so much.

                Comment


                  I’m repeating my wish for an Original Halcyon Travel Cubelet, before the fabric is gone for good. Pretty please?

                  Comment


                    How about a mushroom foraging bag made of mesh (assist spore release) and halcyon with a few pockets for knife, collection bags, and what not.

                    Comment


                      2020 Wish List

                      I wish that all in production bags can be treated like pre orders.

                      So many times you wait for an in production bag to come in stock and then other things you wanted go out of stock. When you’re paying 65 dollars for postage that’s pretty steep to have to make two orders. It would be fantastic if you could do things like pre orders are done. Buy the things then have everything ship at once. I’d also bet people would buy more because they have more time to think about what to add to their orders [emoji23]


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by LordAnubis View Post
                        I wish that all in production bags can be treated like pre orders.

                        So many times you wait for an in production bag to come in stock and then other things you wanted go out of stock. When you’re paying 65 dollars for postage that’s pretty steep to have to make two orders. It would be fantastic if you could do things like pre orders are done. Buy the things then have everything ship at once. I’d also bet people would buy more because they have more time to think about what to add to their orders [emoji23]


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Oh man, I was JUST thinking about that today. There are a few things that I plan to buy, but most of them are in production. So unless I get ridiculously lucky and they're both restocked the same day, it's going to be at least 2 separate orders for me.
                        Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

                        Comment


                          I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who travels in random countries....

                          I would love an essentials purse (wallet, phone, chapstick, passport, etc.) that has a very flat shape for travel. (I guess I want the much-flatter child of the Travel Cubelet. Maybe if the TC and Passport Pouch had a baby?) It can be smaller than the TC, but it mostly needs to be flatter. The TC holds its shape, even in Halcyon. It would be great for my essentials purse to be able to be under my clothing, with a cross body strap, if I feel the situation necessitates it.

                          Aside from travel, I think the TC (or something small like it) would just be more comfortable with a flatter design that hugs the body more. It's actually what I love about the PCSB with attachment points on each side.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Lami View Post
                            I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who travels in random countries....

                            I would love an essentials purse (wallet, phone, chapstick, passport, etc.) that has a very flat shape for travel. (I guess I want the much-flatter child of the Travel Cubelet. Maybe if the TC and Passport Pouch had a baby?) It can be smaller than the TC, but it mostly needs to be flatter. The TC holds its shape, even in Halcyon. It would be great for my essentials purse to be able to be under my clothing, with a cross body strap, if I feel the situation necessitates it.

                            Aside from travel, I think the TC (or something small like it) would just be more comfortable with a flatter design that hugs the body more. It's actually what I love about the PCSB with attachment points on each side.


                            Wouldn't the P.I.K.A. do the trick ? It's flat and can hold a passeport, minimal wallet, phone and likely chapstick
                            as minimal carry I use the cubelet, it's cute and minimal (my phone fits barely but it's ok)
                            also 3D pouches are small enough and big enough for minimal (travel) carry
                            just a Bihnion here

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Rei View Post
                              Wouldn't the P.I.K.A. do the trick ? It's flat and can hold a passeport, minimal wallet, phone and likely chapstick
                              as minimal carry I use the cubelet, it's cute and minimal (my phone fits barely but it's ok)
                              also 3D pouches are small enough and big enough for minimal (travel) carry
                              At least for me, both every day and for travel, I really want zippers on each compartment. I never considered the PIKA for that reason -- and it's not really minimal enough with the fancy inner lining. I've seen videos of the older Passport Pouch with a zipper. If that was just large enough to fit a phone (w/ passport and tiny wallet,) it'd be more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Super minimalist essentials purse.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by kmw View Post
                                I'll always second this! <3
                                Tritto. I thought I was retired from buying LCBs but the thought of Wilderness/UV, Ursa/Solaris, Nebulous/Sitka... oh dear

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X