Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,302   Posts: 197,942   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, MollyyEvelynn.

2020 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

more Guide Edition on bags and accesories *^* (wilderness/GE combo is too awesome... but I don't need another Synappse/Synik ^^')
    or even better small wilderness Guide Pack *^*
    just a Bihnion here

Comment

• kiwi
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2015

waist belt attachment points for PCSB.

Comment

• melminimalist
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
        waist belt attachment points for PCSB.
        On the travel cubelet and A45/tristar packing cube backpacks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Not all who wander are lost"
        "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
        Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

• jessmakes
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Now that I have experienced both, I would love to see the Luminary straps put on the DLBP. I love my Luminary (though I wish the top opened more), but as far as packable backpacks go, the DLBP can't be beat (except I'm just not a fan of the wide webbing straps - not comfy). The Luminary straps are just so dreamy... And if there was a possibility of it happening before original halcyon goes away, I would love you forever.
          A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Comment

• moriond
            Volunteer Moderator
            • Jul 2004

2020 Wish List

Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post
            Flat wallet with coin pouches - Leaf Pouchkin with minor changes (I have been using this as a wallet for a week now and having place for coin and unfolded currency is nice and poucking is the right size for both)
            Leaf Pouchkin with Clear or Fabric back compartment instead of mesh; O-ring instead of first aid kit attachment clips

You can immediately improve your experience with the current design of the leaf pouchkins by using the new small double swivel carabiners for attachments. The issue with the pouchkin clip design is that they’re stiff, and not really designed to be moved to other locations. They work well for the First and Second Aid Pouch accessories, because many of the contents are small, flat objects (band-aids, alcohol wipes, etc.), and once you configure the pouchkins to O-rings both inside and outside of pockets, you’ll mostly swap contents instead of moving the pouchkins themselves. And, if you’re also hanging them inside and outside of (other) flat pockets, you don’t want to move them around a lot, so you can tolerate the less flexible clip attachments.

The situation changes when you wants to use these single or Double pouchkins in other bags or accessories, like the new Handy Little Things. The small double swivel Carabiners make the experience of attaching the pouchkins and maneuvering them into easier to access positions much better! They also allow you to connect other accessories like the Knitting Tool Pouches (which have O-rings at the corners) more easily.

HTH

moriond

Comment

• louisvilledanahys
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2017

webbing loops

Not quite sure how this would work, but the webbing loops on my Smart Alec are so fantastic. Love rolling up my coat and using the bungee to secure it on the back. Probably not a super secure travel option, but works great for getting out of the office. I wish some of the other bags had these.
              Last edited by louisvilledanahys; 03-12-2020, 05:15 PM. Reason: Forgot title

Comment

• Gigbrodt
                • Mar 2020

Originally posted by fredlet View Post
                Oh I just realized I need a ghost whale with a soft lining as a glasses case... [emoji171]

If ditto that by [emoji817]

Comment

• earth5
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2012

Limited run of the Smart Alec -- in coyote halcyon would be even most awesome -- in the new colors **pretty please** WITH EDGELESS STRAPS!
                  Last edited by earth5; 04-05-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• earth5
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by louisvilledanahys View Post
                    Not quite sure how this would work, but the webbing loops on my Smart Alec are so fantastic. Love rolling up my coat and using the bungee to secure it on the back. Probably not a super secure travel option, but works great for getting out of the office. I wish some of the other bags had these.
                    This is why even though I really don't like my Smart Alec (sorry, I am NOT a fan of OG dyneema) I can't get rid of the bag because it's just SO USEFUL and it SWALLOWS loads. And what it can't swallow that bungee on the outside will. And for this reason I love my SA and it's the color that I don't like

Comment

• sdophoto
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2012

I have loved my tristar for years and and years..... but sometimes I find myself wishing that it was the exact same bag as the tristar but instead a dual star missing the center compartment.

Comment

• kamperdog
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2012

A BrainBag with a stiff back panel and to be able to remove the divider between the 2 main compartments to make one big one!

Comment

• del
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2019

Synik 30 (and—why not?—other bags) in solid colors — everything, including zippers, in one color. No-brainer. This would go a long way toward making the bags look a little less dad-ish.

Oh, and while I'm here... being able to tighten the straps even more, if that's possible to engineer. I'm 6,2 and, even with my Synapse 25 straps cinched all the way up, the bag is still beginning to sag lower down my back. I don't think I'm alone in wanting to keep bags high and tight on the back.

Thanks. Best wishes.
                          Last edited by del; 04-27-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Vecturist
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

A Cafe-like bag with a zippered top, a single large compartment and the ability to add an absolute strap that qualifies as a personal item on some of the stricter European/Asian airlines (40cm x 30 cm x 10 cm). I know the maker's bag comes close, but not quite.

Comment

• gqb
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              A Cafe-like bag with a zippered top, a single large compartment and the ability to add an absolute strap that qualifies as a personal item on some of the stricter European/Asian airlines (40cm x 30 cm x 10 cm). I know the maker's bag comes close, but not quite.
                              So a pilot with one compartment instead of the large front compartments?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Vecturist
                                Forum Member
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by gqb View Post
                                So a pilot with one compartment instead of the large front compartments?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
                                Yes. I've almost bought the Pilot a couple times, but the two compartments doesn't work for me and I guess I am looking for something a little less briefcase-ish, more messenger bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X