Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,742   Posts: 190,289   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back S19 in Alphaviolet/Viridian combo please![emoji171][emoji172]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      PCSB v.2 - pockets like the Side Kick/Side Effect.

Been asking for years .
      This would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want an O Ring on the inside of the Travel tray. The large in Halcyon is perfect for knitting, but there is no attachment point for notions pouches, whales or anything.

Comment

More colours for the Ristretto please!

Comment

Originally posted by datamonkey View Post
            More colours for the Ristretto please!
            Can you please NOT produce the Ristretto with non-black piping - in other words please do NOT make a ristretto with Seapine green 630 and Alpha/Aubergine colored piping, or something like that to mirror the fabric/zipper pairings on the Icon. Please. My poor wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
              Synik 25 to be used for EDC.
              I agree. I'd like something with the height of the S22 but a little more depth.
              Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
              Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Comment

Cubelet in new halcyon colours

Comment

Add loops for a cache to the interior of the GUIDE'S PACK. And offer the bag in at least one other color -- perhaps olive with coyote, or steel with a steel bottom and black webbing and lash points. (An all-black "stealth" Guide's Pack would be cool, but that would look too much like the Shadow Guide.)

Alternately, add webbing loops to the exterior of the SHADOW GUIDE, so I can strap a travel yoga mat to the outside using straps with a 1 inch gatekeeper on each end.
                  Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-04-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I just have 2 wishes from Tom & Nik (any other folks in charge of design?)

First, a small backpack in the vein of the Luminary 15 that can accommodate a 15" MacBook Pro (believe me, if work didn't require that I use one I would opt for a smaller laptop!) What I mean by this is, a backpack with a dedicated laptop compartment. It should be geared towards daily use and NOT travel -- so not as large and feature-packed as the Synpase 25/Synik 30, something slim like the Luminary, though I would always appreciate some thought towards organization like on the Synapse. This is for someone who doesn't want something so full-blown as the Brain Bag and is hoping for a Synapse 19/Synik 22/Luminary that can fit that 15" laptop that most software devs use.

My second and last wish is for a waist pack like the Side Effect but smaller, something with the mindset of the PIKA but can be worn around the waist. Would love to see a padded section for your phone and some organization pockets for a wallet. Of course, o-rings for a key strap! Sort of a minimally-sized waist pack for your phone/wallet/keys where things don't jumble around and your phone is protected.

Tom Bihn seems to be missing this product segment, I think we have amazing options for travel (where you need more volume to pack clothing) as well as options for day use (where you might just have a jacket, book, phone/keys/wallet, and a water bottle) but nothing great for a minimalist take on the work bag. I bike to work and my pack consists of laptop, gym clothes, phone/wallet/keys -- I keep it minimal to faciliate cycling. On the other hand, when I'm out and about I don't always need my Luminary, usually I am just wishing I didn't have to cram my phone/wallet/keys into my pockets.

Comment

A synapse or synik with 18" in length, with
                      - Some reflective points on the pack.
                      - An RFID pocket.
                      - Lockable zippers.
                      - A more flexible laptop sleeve- not zippered, but with a velcro flap instead.
                      - Options to have the side zipper either on the left side or right side.

A 1-inch deeper Side Kick with an extra zippered pocket on the outside, small grab handle/strap and slightly wider shoulder strap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My body is ready for the coyote guide synik. Like when your mouth starts watering when you are about to eat a delicious slice of pizza.

Comment

I want a backpack that looks like the Smart Alec and luminary had a baby. I love the dedicated exterior access for a laptop/tablet of the luminary. I love the capacity and organization of the Smart Alec. The sleek exterior design of both. In a pretty deep purple that leans more towards blue than red (I’m thinking of you Aubergine).

Comment

As always, hoping for a triumphant return of sitka, barring that, clamshell zip on the synapse. Also, a daylight briefcase for a 15 inch laptop.

"Not all who wander are lost"
                            "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                            Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by Katsage View Post
                              I want a backpack that looks like the Smart Alec and luminary had a baby. I love the dedicated exterior access for a laptop/tablet of the luminary. I love the capacity and organization of the Smart Alec. The sleek exterior design of both. In a pretty deep purple that leans more towards blue than red (I’m thinking of you Aubergine).
                              You and I are on the same page here! Just make sure it can handle a 15" laptop

Comment

I ordered a set of ghost whales for my wife’s Icon and after playing with them she asked if TB made a size between the small and A5. Unfortunately that doesn’t exist and we both agree it would be really useful.

Does anyone else think they can find a use for something like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X