No announcement yet.

Shadow Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darcy: 27.10 is getting close and i would like to understand or know better what is the max laptop size which can fit in SG 23l version. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by krakra View Post
      Darcy: 27.10 is getting close and i would like to understand or know better what is the max laptop size which can fit in SG 23l version. Thanks!
      I understand why you might want to know this in order to decide whether to order the SG 33 when it first becomes available or wait for the SG 23, so perhaps Darcy can reply here.

The newsletter announcement stated:
      The Shadow Guide 33 will be stocked and available for order on Tuesday 10/27 at 10:00am PT.
      The Shadow Guide 23 is is being made and will be available for order in mid-late November.
      We won’t have access to prototype versions of the SG 23 to provide reviews similar to the ones you’re seeing going up for the SG 33 until early November by current estimates, so perhaps Darcy can reply about this.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by krakra View Post
        I will probably go for 23l and used it as EDC. Question. Will it fit my 12.83" x 9.57" x 0.71" laptop?
        Originally posted by autolycus View Post
        OK, another laptop fit question on the 23L (at 33L, I think I'm best off sticking with the organization of the Synik for my expected uses):

14" Dell Latitude: 9.13 x 13.19 x 0.76 inches
        It's tough to say for sure without actually being able to try them, but we're pretty sure both of these laptops would fit in the laptop compartment of the SG23.

This might be a helpful way of figuring out backwards what devices will or won't fit in the SG23: you can fit a mid-2015 Macbook Pro 15-inch (14.13" x 9.73" x 0.71") into the laptop compartment of the SG23, but it's very tight and we don't recommend it.

Sorry for the slow responses here; always feel free to [email protected] for a quicker response from the crew
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy Is there still going to be a raffle for the SG23?

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
            I’ve been wondering the same.

Bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
              Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
              I’ve been wondering the same.
              Yes! I'll post the giveaway tomorrow and it will end on Saturday or Sunday so we can ship the winner's bag the week of 11/30. Just to prepare everyone: we weren't sure if we were going to be able to finish enough Shadow Guide 23s so that they could debut on 11/30 with everything else, but we did. So, we'll only be able to offer one SG23 for the giveaway because of that.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Got my SG23 today and it looks awesome, but unfortunately the shoulder straps don’t fit. I’m so sad about this. It’s the same issue I had with the L12, somehow the straps don’t touch my shoulders completely and all the weight is on just one edge of the strap. I put a few books into the backpack and it felt really uncomfortable and heavy, put the same books into my DLBP with unpadded straps and the weight felt like nothing. And I think wearing it for some amount of time isn’t going to fix this issue (it never got better with the L12, that’s why I sold it after a few months). I love everything about this bag, but I can’t keep it if it’s this uncomfortable to carry. This is so frustrating.

Comment

Had a similar issue and returned both the 23 and 33.
                  Which saddens me to no end.
                  I think the frame sheet not coming closer to the top makes the top more floppy which then pulls me back if I have anything in the top pocket. Also the frame in general just feels floppier than the original SG.

However the customer service for returning the bags(I live in Canada) was amazing, more than I expected. Still and avid TB fan !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sunzi61 I’m sorry to hear that it didn’t work out for you either (although it’s comforting to know I’m not the only one). I’m sad too, I wanted to buy this bag pretty much as soon as it was first mentioned here. I wonder if finding a secondhand Synapse with the old style of straps is worth a try or if I would be facing the same issue.

Comment

Darcy

What will be the ongoing status/availability of the two Shadow Guides? I see that the Black versions are low in inventory.... thanks!
                      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                        Darcy

What will be the ongoing status/availability of the two Shadow Guides? I see that the Black versions are low in inventory.... thanks!
                        It does look like there's just several SG33s in Black left....

At this point, we don't plan to make more Shadow Guides as they were limited edition Design Lab offering, so if anyone's thinking of ordering an SG33 in Black, now would be the time to do so!

Comment

Working...
                        X