Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,498   Posts: 187,504   Members: 6,459   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, jammyjam.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darcy View Post

Ha! Good question. The existing sample is made out of Mars Red 525d ballistic. I'll check in with Tom today to see if there's another update.

Mars red, did you say?

Comment

Originally posted by jobeyonekenobi View Post
      Travel (business and otherwise) is hotting up
      Completely agree that travel is going to come back in a huge way... I keep seeing articles about how business travel is going to stay depressed ... not from what I'm seeing and hearing!

Every corporate-type I know around the country is talking about restarting travel and many have already started planning events. We have a friend who's an event planner for a large law firm and she's booking all kinds of things for the fall and she's going to hire two assistants ... and of course the sales types are itching to get face time again less they be at a disadvantage and are planning for it right after vaccination.

On the pleasure travel side, we've been looking around for summer and fall travel and ... wow, some of the more popular locations and properties have zero availability. Beyond that, just about everyone seems to be booking flight vacations ...

Lastly, given the great large packing cube shortage, I've noticed some of the cheaper ones on amazon have been going out of stock in the last 2 weeks ...

It's all anecdata of course, and who knows, but I just bought a WF and TS ... if there was Trinity coming that would definitely get my attention!
      Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I've read many, including myself, that had the dilemma to choose between aeronaut 45/30 (or tri-star). I ended up going with the 45. Might the largest of the 3 Trinity sizes satisfy that gap of an in-between size near 38L? I think I could go 38L but just can't see making a 30L work.

Comment

Originally posted by thorn View Post
          I've read many, including myself, that had the dilemma to choose between aeronaut 45/30 (or tri-star). I ended up going with the 45. Might the largest of the 3 Trinity sizes satisfy that gap of an in-between size near 38L? I think I could go 38L but just can't see making a 30L work.
          Agreed that a 38ishL would be perfect - I've never been a one-bag traveler as I like having more space and I've never had a problem finding overhead room for at least one bag A45 size even on, say, SW flights with a low boarding priority. I usually travel with about 50-55L between 2 bags, but rarely use all of it - occasionally my S25 carries only my in-flight ditty bag and it's usual other small sundries.

In any event, seeing the SN30 in the flesh, it could change things but I'd still want a 2nd bag, maybe pilot at a minimum ...

If that Trinity were 38L and had a center section large enough for a "pilotian slip", I could see that putting me firmly into one-bag travel for most business trips and many personal ones.
          Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Darcy Now that the cat's out of the Techonaut, I'm wondering if you could say whether the Trinity will have the same backpanel as the V2 Shadow Guide? I'm planning to buy either as my main travel bag and will be wearing it as a backpack, so the backpanel comfort is important to me. Any information would help me to decide if I should buy the Techonaut since it's probably debuting first or hold out for the Trinity.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_EE2B5CBAAE58-1.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	551.8 KB ID:	332921
            Last edited by latchford; 06-06-2021, 05:57 PM.
            Constellation/Northwest Sky Synapse 19, Constellation Guide's Edition Synik 22, Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack Synik 30, Navy Road Buddy 36, everything Acuity

Comment

Originally posted by latchford View Post
              Darcy Now that the cat's out of the Techonaut, I'm wondering if you could say whether the Trinity will have the same backpanel as the V2 Shadow Guide? I'm planning to buy either as my main travel bag and will be wearing it as a backpack, so the backpanel comfort is important to me. Any information would help me to decide if I should buy the Techonaut since it's probably debuting first or hold out for the Trinity.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_EE2B5CBAAE58-1.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	551.8 KB ID:	332921
              We're working on a blog post with various updates about colors, fabrics, and designs. Here's a (very much a draft) excerpt that mentions the Trinity:

There’s a number of new designs and vintage reissues in the works that we’re excited to share with you! We’re mindful to strike a balance between keeping everyone informed and not sharing too many details too early — our lode star is not the release calendar. Rather, it’s our determination that our new design is worthy of your attention and meets our own high standards. Case in point: the Trinity (a new travel bag design by Tom that’s been in the works for a while now) has been delayed further thanks to some inspiration that struck and opportunities to actually travel with the bag. In other words, if we see an opportunity to improve a design, we’ll delay it in order to do so: read more in this blog post.

At this point in time, the Trinity does not have the Shadow Guide V2 back panel. That said, as mentioned above, Tom is continuing to refine the design, and who knows where that'll lead.

And the Techonaut will definitely be debuting first. I don't want to put an estimated pre-order date out there just yet, but the design is pretty much done.

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Excited to hear more about the Techonaut. Seems like we all travel with a certain amount of tech these days and having a safe and dedicated spot for it makes sense. I am envisioning something like the AER capsule bag so am curious to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  the Trinity (a new travel bag design by Tom that’s been in the works for a while now) has been delayed further thanks to some inspiration that struck and opportunities to actually travel with the bag.
                  Maybe the Trinity name is really a reference to the 3+ year design cycle.

But I do appreciate the tremendous amount of thought, time, and effort that the TB crew puts into designing quality bags. This has just been helping me to build up my reserves of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterlogged View Post

Maybe the Trinity name is really a reference to the 3+ year design cycle.

Good one Waterlogged!

Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Comment

I'm curious to learn more about the Technonaut. But I'm much more curious to learn more about the Trinity, as several sizes of the Trinity could be perfect for what I am seeking.

Comment

After seeing the back panel of the Technonaut, I’m hoping that this type of back panel is NOT utilized on the forthcoming Trinity bag. I suspect I am in the minority on this forum, but I never carry any bags in backpack mode – I use either the strap or the handle 100% of the time. Therefore, the back panel of the Technonaut – with the backpack straps visible behind the mesh panels – is a step backwards both aesthetically and perhaps from a durability standpoint. I have always viewed being able to completely conceal the backstraps straps (like on the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer) to be a huge benefit. I am still hoping the design of the Trinity is an evolution of the Western Flyer and Tri-Star. If not, I will pull the trigger on an Aeronaut, as long as it’s available in 1050D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulligan View Post
                          After seeing the back panel of the Technonaut, I’m hoping that this type of back panel is NOT utilized on the forthcoming Trinity bag.
                          I'd 2nd that, though I love the TN's version, just wish that given it's going to nod more in the backpack direction that the main compartment had more backpack like access too (rather than duffle-like access).

That would leave the Trinity to the TB ultimate briefcase travel bag & the TN as the ultimate travel backpack-duffle.
                          Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Originally posted by Mulligan View Post
                            After seeing the back panel of the Technonaut, I’m hoping that this type of back panel is NOT utilized on the forthcoming Trinity bag. I suspect I am in the minority on this forum, but I never carry any bags in backpack mode – I use either the strap or the handle 100% of the time. Therefore, the back panel of the Technonaut – with the backpack straps visible behind the mesh panels – is a step backwards both aesthetically and perhaps from a durability standpoint. I have always viewed being able to completely conceal the backstraps straps (like on the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer) to be a huge benefit. I am still hoping the design of the Trinity is an evolution of the Western Flyer and Tri-Star. If not, I will pull the trigger on an Aeronaut, as long as it’s available in 1050D.
                            Yeah - I don't need another backpack. TB's smaller backpacks are great but for anything over 25L I either use an Osprey/Arcteryx/REI pack or I take luggage. Tom Bihn is where I want to buy my luggage from. What I really want is a less awkward TriStar (the interior of these with all the zippers doesn't quite work for me) and no backpack straps or the ability to remove them without cutting them fully off.

I want something in the vein of the WF and the TS. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Could someone help me by summarizing how we're expecting the Trinity to be different than the Techonaut? So far from this thread I gathered that there's some sort of centralized laptop compartment, but I might have missed other details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yam View Post
                                Could someone help me by summarizing how we're expecting the Trinity to be different than the Techonaut? So far from this thread I gathered that there's some sort of centralized laptop compartment, but I might have missed other details.
                                So it seems like just like how the Technonaut is an updated Aeronaut, and the Synik is an updated Synapse, the Trinity is going to be an updated version of the Western Flyer/Tri-Star that'll work better with laptops and stuff like that.
                                Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Working...
                                X