Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,369   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• organicfarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Let's think of these as "design in progress" tags more than spoiler tags... [*]Plans are to use a removable/swappable version of the Edgeless Shoulder Straps so you can leave the straps behind if your trip or outing won’t require use in backpack mode.
    With the first mention of them here with the Trinity bags, any possibility the removable/swappable Shoulder Straps would be a new feature to the Aeronauts or other travel bags to allow weight saving and free that pocket compartments for other uses?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Agreed: an early summer debut would be nice We'll see...

The two fabric options will be:
    525d ballistic / 200d Halcyon
    400d Halcyon / 200d Halcyon
    Will it come in the new external 400d Halcyon color? I seem to have forgotten what color it is.

Leave a comment:

• gadgets
    replied
    I thought it was a duffel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Trinity.png
Views:	1
Size:	798.9 KB
ID:	306296

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied

It'll be like the divider that's in the front-most compartment of the WF and Tri-Star, but in the Trinity, it may be in that front compartment, the back compartment, or both. You wouldn't be able to make one large space out of the Trinity or make it into a two-compartment bag, though.
    Ah...hence the Trinity name! I do look forward to learning more and seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Good to know, thanks! I have one last question-when you say that it'll have a laptop compartment, do you mean a space like in the Pilot that can accommodate a Cache, or something more like the Synik's integrated pocket? It seems like the Synik's laptop pocket is fairly popular, do you guys have any plans to incorporate that into future designs?
    More like the Synik's integrated pocket... although, depending on which laptop and which size of Trinity, you could fit a probably fit a laptop in Cache in there if you really wanted to (though it wouldn't be necessary at all necessary.)

I do think you'll see more designs with integrated laptop compartments, but we'll also continue to offer the Cache for those who prefer that system.

Feel free to ask more questions if they come up.

Originally posted by rabergnc View Post
    "internal zip away dividers" - similar to the one on the WF? Could one theoretically then make one large space out of the Trinity should one so desire? Or have 2 vs 3 compartments?

Something like that would be very intriguing...it might make me move away from my WF - my all time favorite TB bag!
    It'll be like the divider that's in the front-most compartment of the WF and Tri-Star, but in the Trinity, it may be in that front compartment, the back compartment, or both. You wouldn't be able to make one large space out of the Trinity or make it into a two-compartment bag, though.

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    "internal zip away dividers" - similar to the one on the WF? Could one theoretically then make one large space out of the Trinity should one so desire? Or have 2 vs 3 compartments?

Something like that would be very intriguing...it might make me move away from my WF - my all time favorite TB bag!

Leave a comment:

• Skirata44
    replied

Good to know, thanks! I have one last question-when you say that it'll have a laptop compartment, do you mean a space like in the Pilot that can accommodate a Cache, or something more like the Synik's integrated pocket? It seems like the Synik's laptop pocket is fairly popular, do you guys have any plans to incorporate that into future designs?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Really hoping for an early summer debut so that I can maybe snag one before moving abroad in late August...do we know what kind of materials it's going to primarily be? I'm assuming 525d ballistic exterior/halcyon interior?

Leave a comment:

• Skirata44
    replied
    Really hoping for an early summer debut so that I can maybe snag one before moving abroad in late August...do we know what kind of materials it's going to primarily be? I'm assuming 525d ballistic exterior/halcyon interior?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris D. View Post
    I would like two handles...not a fan of the WF handle.
    You'll be happy with the Trinity handles then... there are two (they're similar to the handles of the Tri-Star).

Leave a comment:

• Rei
    replied
    I. CAN'T. WAIT!

Thank you Darcy, you make us drool

Leave a comment:

• Chris D.
    replied
    I would like two handles...not a fan of the WF handle.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Chris D.; 02-16-2020, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• roychen
    replied
    Thank you for the update Darcy! I'm looking forward to the small Trinity as a new work bag..

Leave a comment:

• ayazgood
    replied
    There may be a 40-45 liter Trinity further on down the road. We'll see!
    Seems like TB could use an alternative to the A45, so fingers crossed the new design is a big hit that leads to bigger things!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
    No new bag love for something in the 40 liter range?
    There may be a 40-45 liter Trinity further on down the road. We'll see!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X