Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,954   Posts: 193,108   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, andyiowa.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post

I'm not MikeV (obviously) but I remember seeing a post on the Facebook group about a month or so ago where someone asked and the response was essentially that the Trinity wasn't coming out this year, at least. Someone from TB might have another answer, but the last I saw was basically that it wasn't going to be anytime soon, if ever.
    Yep, it was the discussion in our Facebook group that sent me here for clarification. It's unclear to me, at least, whether it has been delayed or just shelved entirely. Darcy, any updates you all can provide?

Comment

Timing aside, it would be fascinating to have a window into Tom's brain throughout the design process. I saw and handled a prototype on a visit to Seattle in December 2019 -- 2-1/2 years ago! I'd love to know where Tom has gone from there, and why.

Comment

Hi all- sorry I overlooked replying here a few weeks ago!

As of now, we've put the Trinity design project aside as we pursue other new designs- there are unlikely to be any future updates. We recognize this may be disappointing news, and we never intend to disappoint, but the creativity on this bag has stalled and we've learned over time that the creativity and design inspiration can't be forced around here. We do have other new designs in the works, including a really fun bag debuting on pre-order next week!

Comment

While I completely understand the creative process, this news is indeed a huge disappointment. I was hoping that the small and large Trinity bags would be the perfect bags I have long been seeking – the small Trinity as an EDC bag and the large Trinity as an MLC carry-on bag. The current Western Flyer and Tri-Star – both great bags for what they are – are either too large or too small for my purposes.

My biggest complaint with briefcases is that generally a smaller briefcase has a small depth, but briefcases that have a larger depth are also very tall and wide. For my use, that is not ideal. I carry a laptop, brochures, papers, some personal items, etc. I don’t need a briefcase that is tall or long, but I do want increased depth. Something like 16” wide x 11” tall x 8” deep would be perfect for EDC. Essentially a smaller version of the Tri-Star. And then for MLC, a larger version of the Tri-Star, something like 22” wide x 14” tall x 9” deep.

The search for perfect bags continues…..

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
            As of now, we've put the Trinity design project aside as we pursue other new designs
            In the meantime how about a refreshed WF with a tech sleeve, the cambiata BP shoulder straps, the TS's side handles, and a single large configurable interior along with space for the outside pockets?

Maybe we call it the Western Flyer Cambi?

Grail bag!

Comment

Looks like recent events probably explain why the Trinity was shelved. Now I’m kind of sad that what sounds like an innovative bag may never see the light of the day
              Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, Night Walk Small Café Bag, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Originally posted by latchford View Post
                Looks like recent events probably explain why the Trinity was shelved. Now I’m kind of sad that what sounds like an innovative bag may never see the light of the day
                My thoughts exactly.

Comment

While I’m not one hundred percent sure how much I’ll like (or hate) the new Cambiata, I’m just excited to see a legitimately new design (and the first design from their new designer) that’s not based on an existing vintage bag.

I personally haven’t had much luck with the reissues - the hooded zippers on the Paragon, Zeitgeist, and Petit/Grand Derrières were all dealer-breakers for me, and the OSCA was just too small and narrow a bag to use for overnights and storing a pair of shoes.

My unicorn bag is something along the lines of a Stowaway: small enough to quality as a personal item and carry what I’d consider my everyday essentials, but able to fit a change of clothes, toiletry bag, laptop, and even a pair of shoes in a pinch. The Cambiata just might be able to do all those things, and for that reason, I’m exited for it.

However, if they ever decide to continue with production on the Trinity, I’d be just as excited for the possibilities that bag creates, too.
                  I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:
                  Everyday Carry: Cambiata
                  Hiking Daypack: ADX31

Car and Plane Travel: CP, TS, and SZTSB

Comment

Working...
                  X