Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,322   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrussGott
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeV View Post
    As of now, we've put the Trinity design project aside as we pursue other new designs
    In the meantime how about a refreshed WF with a tech sleeve, the cambiata BP shoulder straps, the TS's side handles, and a single large configurable interior along with space for the outside pockets?

Maybe we call it the Western Flyer Cambi?

Grail bag!

Leave a comment:

• Mulligan
    replied
    While I completely understand the creative process, this news is indeed a huge disappointment. I was hoping that the small and large Trinity bags would be the perfect bags I have long been seeking – the small Trinity as an EDC bag and the large Trinity as an MLC carry-on bag. The current Western Flyer and Tri-Star – both great bags for what they are – are either too large or too small for my purposes.

My biggest complaint with briefcases is that generally a smaller briefcase has a small depth, but briefcases that have a larger depth are also very tall and wide. For my use, that is not ideal. I carry a laptop, brochures, papers, some personal items, etc. I don’t need a briefcase that is tall or long, but I do want increased depth. Something like 16” wide x 11” tall x 8” deep would be perfect for EDC. Essentially a smaller version of the Tri-Star. And then for MLC, a larger version of the Tri-Star, something like 22” wide x 14” tall x 9” deep.

The search for perfect bags continues…..

Leave a comment:

• MikeV
    replied
    Hi all- sorry I overlooked replying here a few weeks ago!

As of now, we've put the Trinity design project aside as we pursue other new designs- there are unlikely to be any future updates. We recognize this may be disappointing news, and we never intend to disappoint, but the creativity on this bag has stalled and we've learned over time that the creativity and design inspiration can't be forced around here. We do have other new designs in the works, including a really fun bag debuting on pre-order next week!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalonian
    replied
    Timing aside, it would be fascinating to have a window into Tom's brain throughout the design process. I saw and handled a prototype on a visit to Seattle in December 2019 -- 2-1/2 years ago! I'd love to know where Tom has gone from there, and why.

Leave a comment:

• John1970
    replied
    Originally posted by Skirata44 View Post

I'm not MikeV (obviously) but I remember seeing a post on the Facebook group about a month or so ago where someone asked and the response was essentially that the Trinity wasn't coming out this year, at least. Someone from TB might have another answer, but the last I saw was basically that it wasn't going to be anytime soon, if ever.
    Yep, it was the discussion in our Facebook group that sent me here for clarification. It's unclear to me, at least, whether it has been delayed or just shelved entirely. Darcy, any updates you all can provide?

Leave a comment:

• Skirata44
    replied
    Originally posted by John1970 View Post

Hi MikeV--just checking in on the status of the Trinity. Is it still in the works? Thanks for any report you can provide!
    I'm not MikeV (obviously) but I remember seeing a post on the Facebook group about a month or so ago where someone asked and the response was essentially that the Trinity wasn't coming out this year, at least. Someone from TB might have another answer, but the last I saw was basically that it wasn't going to be anytime soon, if ever.
    Last edited by Skirata44; 06-23-2022, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John1970
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeV View Post

Tom is still at it- the Trinity is still in the works, and we'll definitely share an update when there is news. We don't have an ETA on when the design process will be done with this one- sorry I don't have a more clear answer!
    Hi MikeV--just checking in on the status of the Trinity. Is it still in the works? Thanks for any report you can provide!

Leave a comment:

• MikeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulligan View Post
    Six months have passed since the last post on this thread. Are there any further updates on the Trinity bag that can be shared with the forum?
    Tom is still at it- the Trinity is still in the works, and we'll definitely share an update when there is news. We don't have an ETA on when the design process will be done with this one- sorry I don't have a more clear answer!

Leave a comment:

• Mulligan
    replied
    Six months have passed since the last post on this thread. Are there any further updates on the Trinity bag that can be shared with the forum?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by BowTrek View Post
    Darcy - no chance of a tentative answer to my question about the interior organization including straps/zippers (similar to Tri-Star) versus pockets (like the Pilot)?

No worries if you can't answer yet, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the slew of recent posts! You are all amazing.
    I'm glad you tagged me because I missed responding to your question!

I asked Tom and he said he's still working on that aspect of the design, so it remains to be seen.

Leave a comment:

• BowTrek
    replied
    Darcy - no chance of a tentative answer to my question about the interior organization including straps/zippers (similar to Tri-Star) versus pockets (like the Pilot)?

No worries if you can't answer yet, just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the slew of recent posts! You are all amazing.

Leave a comment:

• BowTrek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulligan View Post
    The further delay of the Trinity bag is analogous to when your favorite band promises that their next album will be a return to their classic sound, but then the album gets delayed a year, and then another year.

Adding to the disappointment is that none of the other TB bags that have debuted over the past few years are remotely similar to the Tri-Star or Western Flyer. As mentioned in an earlier post, I never carry a bag in backpack mode. I have a Western Flyer that is either carried by handle or strap. While I like the WF, it is slightly too large (in length) to be a EDC bag, and in most instances it is too small to be a primary travel bag.

The early posts about the Trinity were extremely interesting, as the small size would perhaps be the ideal EDC briefcase, and the large size would be the ideal primary travel bag. I still hope that is the case when the bag debuts in late 2022?
    Exactly! <3 I want a primary travel bag that is more like a giant pilot than anything... and while I don't expect that, I do expect some differences from the Tri-STar / WF and am excited to see what they are.

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    Sprout too small as in, the backpack straps or the capacity of the bag itself?
    Straps. I could just barely put the bag on fully extended with a tee shirt- so with a coat or a sweater this would not work at all.. The capacity was perfect, as were the pockets. I really tried to make it work. And it was so stinkin' cute. Even without a stuffie hanging out the top like the Yellowstone blog pictures.
    Last edited by sturbridge; 08-04-2021, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrussGott
    replied
    I love the existing WF/TS and while I'd love a few tweaks - like a pilot-like front org section with its own room - I'm definitely willing to wait for the design that TB loves.

My grail travel bag is still a briefcase-style mix of the techonaut & Synik 30 & WF:

• Briefcase style,
    • Tech sleeve, maybe w/ a tablet space too
    • Hideaway edgeless BP straps,
    • Lots of org (e.g, like the Pilot or Synik) with its own space incl for a water bottle,
    • Clamshell or beavertail opening,
    • Quick access pockets,
    • Luggage pass-through
    • Great duffle carry handle
    • Max size to fit under an airline seat (30+L)
    • Two-tone halcyon version
    • Two-tone 1050d version
    Last edited by GrussGott; 08-04-2021, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post

Jumping up and down with excitement!! The Luminary didn't really work for me (too tall) , and the Sprout was >this much< too small. I'm hoping one or both of these hit that sweet spot for this short person.
    Yay! Glad you're excited. Sprout too small as in, the backpack straps or the capacity of the bag itself?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X