Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,560   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 255
Welcome to our newest member, cleyon.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HLT2 for Dopp kit/ toiletries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HLT2 for Dopp kit/ toiletries?

Yep, that’s the question....any insights?

Thanks!

Rich

Originally posted by richosa View Post
    Yep, that’s the question....any insights?

Thanks!

Rich
    Adrift in a sea of acronyms! What is an HLT2?

This Forum has 79 acronyms and that one is not on the list. I'm in awe of those who can remember all of them.
    Last edited by Go Navy; 03-08-2020, 07:56 PM.
    Go Navy

Comment

Originally posted by Go Navy View Post

This Forum has at least 40-50 acronyms and that one is not on the list. I'm in awe of those who can remember all of them.
      Handy Little Thing (size) 2

it's an OP (organizer pouch)

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Go Navy View Post

This Forum has at least 40-50 acronyms and that one is not on the list. I'm in awe of those who can remember all of them.
        HLT is the Handy Little Thing pouch. Honestly, I don't see why it wouldn't work, although I don't see why you wouldn't save 15-25 bucks and get a Spiff Kit instead. That's just me though.
        Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Thanks for the insight! Thinking....

Comment

I guess it depends on what kind of items you want to pack into it. I know that it wouldn’t work for my toiletries, I’m happy with the Spiff Kit. But I’ve come across all kinds of repurposed dopp kits here on the forums - Side Effects, Snake Charmers, Organizer Pouches etc. So why not, if it works for you.

Comment

Thanks....have one on order, so will see when it gets here.

Comment

Just took a photo of my HLT 2 in Solaris with various toiletry-type items. I'd say it works really well, and the elastic is more useful than I imagined it would be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	as-toiletries-kit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	306369
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy...thanks much! That is exactly what I was hoping to see! Now just waiting for mine in Coyote halcyon.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    Just took a photo of my HLT 2 in Solaris with various toiletry-type items. I'd say it works really well, and the elastic is more useful than I imagined it would be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24476[/ATTACH]
                    I've been looking at this in the Logic Blue, but that Solaris is gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by tress29 View Post
                      I've been looking at this in the Logic Blue, but that Solaris is gorgeous!
                      It really is. I think its extra brightness works especially well with the HLT. I was convinced I'd get Coyote 200d but couldn't resist the Solaris. Then, of course, I also kept the Coyote 200d
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
                      X