Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,954   Posts: 193,108   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're back to shipping orders for bags!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm. The UPS tracking # for your first order should have been emailed to you the day the order shipped; I'll look into this to see if it's a widespread issue.
    Thanks! I googled the issue here and found one post about it way back in 2016, so I didn't think it was a systemic problem or worth bothering you guys about (at least not unless my shipment didn't show). I figured it was just because I went a little nuts with the multiple orders (and a couple cancellations), lol.

    Anyways, it all showed up fine, so it wasn't a problem for me ultimately.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 05-23-2020, 11:35 AM.

    Comment


      #47
      Darcy I saw a really great combo on YouTube of the Synik with something like a royal blue exterior and the Iberian interior. I was told that this combo is retired, but I’m wondering if there are other combos in the hopper that might not be listed yet. Frankly, I was hoping for a kind of “loud” interior, so that’s; why I ask.

      Thanks, and I can’t wait to order one!

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        Long story short: the good news is that all of your orders shipped together in one box via the shipping method you chose for the first order. That the additional orders were showing as shipped via USPS w/no tracking number was indeed a bug; it's fixed now, so the next time we offer a pre-order with the option to add to the first order, this won't happen.

        Seems odd about "missing documentation"; sometimes messages like that appear to explain a delay, but that's not actually the hold-up. If the package doesn't arrive by Tuesday, let us know and we'll give UPS a call.



        Hmm. The UPS tracking # for your first order should have been emailed to you the day the order shipped; I'll look into this to see if it's a widespread issue.
        [mention]Darcy [/mention]Just wanted to confirm that my package was delivered today! [emoji322] Everything was in one UPS box like you said. Very happy with my new TB gear!
        Synapse 25 (Black 525d Ballistic/Northwest Sky), Daylight Backpack (Black 525d Ballistic/Cloud), Truck (1x Nebulous Grey, 1x Black), Monster Truck (Ursa), Large Zip-Top Shopping Bag (1x Northwest Sky Halcyon, 1x Island 210d ballistic, 1x Dawn 210d ballistic), various Yeoman Duffels (small Burnt Orange, small Verde, small Steel, medium Coyote), Side Effect (Black Halcyon/UV).

        Comment


          #49
          Are there only certain days of the week that orders get shipped out right now? The order I placed last Monday just stated that my order would be shipped the week of 5/25, so I was just wondering if it can ship any time this week or if they wait until Friday or something like that. I would email to ask this but I’ve sent a couple of emails since the day I ordered but they must be pretty busy because I haven’t received a reply as of yet.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by largefarva View Post
            Are there only certain days of the week that orders get shipped out right now? The order I placed last Monday just stated that my order would be shipped the week of 5/25, so I was just wondering if it can ship any time this week or if they wait until Friday or something like that. I would email to ask this but I’ve sent a couple of emails since the day I ordered but they must be pretty busy because I haven’t received a reply as of yet.
            We're shipping Monday - Friday (except this Monday, which was a holiday for our crew). Right now, orders for bags and face masks ship within 5 business days of the order being placed; we are giving our shipping crew this additional time to ship orders so that we can ensure safety, distancing, and some staggering of shifts while we work and to maintain a brisk and efficient yet reasonable pace of work. Our goal is to begin shipping orders within 1-3 business days by early June, and we are considering maintaining this shipping window into the future; it gives us some flexibility that helps us manage workflow and safety better, and hey, we're never going to be Amazon anyway

            Sorry for the delayed response to your emails; we have been working through a very high volume of emails, many of which are requests for donation masks.

            Hope this helps a bit!
            Last edited by Darcy; 05-27-2020, 11:18 AM.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

            Comment


              #51
              As it just so happens, I just received a reply saying my order likely won’t ship out until Friday. So I guess the 5 business day rule might be a little too ambitious still yet? Because that would have meant my order should have shipped by yesterday (taking into account Monday being a holiday of course).

              Comment


                #52
                Darcy If you could continue the ability to "add to held order" for a few days after your initial order, I'd actually welcome a delay in shipping. I've found that after I make a purchase, I tend to poke around on the forum or Youtube for info on that item and then realize there are accessories I want to have with it.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                  Darcy If you could continue the ability to "add to held order" for a few days after your initial order, I'd actually welcome a delay in shipping. I've found that after I make a purchase, I tend to poke around on the forum or Youtube for info on that item and then realize there are accessories I want to have with it.
                  Yes please!

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by largefarva View Post
                    As it just so happens, I just received a reply saying my order likely won’t ship out until Friday. So I guess the 5 business day rule might be a little too ambitious still yet? Because that would have meant my order should have shipped by yesterday (taking into account Monday being a holiday of course).
                    This was my mistake; I added the note about "ships within five business days" to the website a few days too early. I'll make sure your orders ship today.

                    Orders received today/tomorrow and next week will ship within five business days of being placed.

                    However, orders placed last week took longer than five days to fulfill because we were still working through a backlog of orders as well as some large mask orders.

                    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                    Darcy If you could continue the ability to "add to held order" for a few days after your initial order, I'd actually welcome a delay in shipping. I've found that after I make a purchase, I tend to poke around on the forum or Youtube for info on that item and then realize there are accessories I want to have with it.
                    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
                    Yes please!
                    Noted! We're brainstorming ways to offer/do this.

                    We're working on some system-side stuff to get ready to offer our first pre-orders, as we expect that King County/Seattle may move to Phase 2 reopening in June, which will allow us to resume manufacturing bags. Could be as soon as next week.
                    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by carrot View Post
                        Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?
                        Soon, I hope! It won't be that many; maybe 7 designs total. Our current plan is to continue to stock a certain number of designs and for other designs to be offered as pre-orders based on sign-ups/demand, as opposed to retiring/discontinuing a substantial number of designs.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                        Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          This was my mistake; I added the note about "ships within five business days" to the website a few days too early. I'll make sure your orders ship today.

                          Orders received today/tomorrow and next week will ship within five business days of being placed.

                          However, orders placed last week took longer than five days to fulfill because we were still working through a backlog of orders as well as some large mask orders.





                          Noted! We're brainstorming ways to offer/do this.

                          We're working on some system-side stuff to get ready to offer our first pre-orders, as we expect that King County/Seattle may move to Phase 2 reopening in June, which will allow us to resume manufacturing bags. Could be as soon as next week.
                          I got the shipment notifications earlier this afternoon. Thanks for asking to ship my orders today, it’s much appreciated.

                          I also just received an email from UPS informing me of the bag shipment, did you guys upgrade the shipping for my order? If so, I really appreciate it but you really didn’t have to do that at all. I’d really like to go ahead and pay the difference in shipping...so just let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            that many; maybe 7 designs total
                            Darcy, yer gonna give me a heart attack!

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                              Soon, I hope! It won't be that many; maybe 7 designs total. Our current plan is to continue to stock a certain number of designs and for other designs to be offered as pre-orders based on sign-ups/demand, as opposed to retiring/discontinuing a substantial number of designs.
                              For once, I have a good timing pocking on the forum.

                              Darcy, please give us the heads up on the discontinued items, when you find out, which one they are.

                              Huge thank yous to the Crew for making such great masks! Big Cyber Hugs!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                                along with the pack Tom showed off in the Zoom
                                I'm looking forward to that pack! I've been hunting for something like it that fits and is well made to replace a similar bag that's finally wearing out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X