Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joiedwards
    replied
    Red Oxx or Bad Bags are my go to duffles.

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    I second Bad Bags - their smallest duffle might work. If the budgets allows, well worth it.

Leave a comment:

• luckyprincess1112
    replied
    #3 on Red Oxx. Love them and their guarantee. Buy it for life and leave it in your will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NWhikergal
    replied
    The toughest small duffel I own is a Goruck 20L gym bag (unfortunately discontinued). I have not owned any of the Red Oxx bags, but I have heard lots of good things about them. While I love my Patagonia black hole duffels, most start in size around 40L. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• goblin
    replied
    I hope you find a good alternative. Let us know what you go with. And I am curious - what do you put in the SAR kits you are making?

Leave a comment:

• SKIMT
    replied
    +2 on Redoxx for this application...plus made in Billings, MT! (:

Leave a comment:

• Chris D.
    replied
    Redoxx duffles are built like tanks...check them out!

Leave a comment:

• BowTrek
    replied
    Strongly suggest you try RedOxx. They may not be quite what you're looking for but the quality is there so it is probably worth buying one, trying it out, and returning it if you aren't pleased. They're fairly expensive though.
    https://www.redoxx.com/bags/duffel?m...tionFilter_818

If you want a simpler, cheaper bag with good quality then check out the duffle line from Patagonia.

Leave a comment:

• SaddleSC
    replied
    BAD Bags (Best American Duffle) would be a fantastic option with quality equal to the Yeoman.

Leave a comment:

• Kilian
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• KAB
    replied
    Maybe the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel Small
    Capacity: 1850 cu in | 30.3 L
    Weight: 1 lb 9 oz | 0.71 kg
    Fabric: Bi Tech
    Dimensions: 18x12x11 in | 46x30x28 cm

Leave a comment:

• Kilian
    replied
    Thank you very much! Great solutions!

Leave a comment:

• Chicagoan
    replied
    Yeoman Mini

If you can still find them, the Lightweight Black Hole Duffel by Patagonia. I use one for all my car camping trips to carry gear down to my car, from the car to the campsite, and as a mini dresser inside my tent (zipper closed, it’s fairly waterproof). I’ve used it on several trips without treating it delicately and it still looks new. Dead simple design, with long enough handles to double as backpack straps, and one interior zippered compartment with a key clip.

I don’t think they make that exact model anymore, but if you’re open to a thinner fabric, look into the Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole Duffel.

They’re just a little larger than a Mini Yeoman at 10” x 10” x 18” but at $69, a little cheaper than the Mini Yeoman. I like these duffels because they’re simple designs, without unnecessary frills, and lightweight.

If you approach Patagonia directly, given your intended usage, they might even be able to extend a bulk price or special discount.

Wanted to recommend something I’ve used myself and know well. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 09-08-2020, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kilian
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• pammy
    replied
    A similar question was posted in July. Darcy recommended Battle Lake Outdoors. Maybe you can find a duffel there that will fit your needs.

See Darcy’s reply at post #6.
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...uffle-bag.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X