Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,369   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freudian Slips with HDPE center

The bulky foam is bulky and space consuming with higher flex than some may like. Now that the HDPE is on inventory for the Frame Sheets and possibly the same used at the bottom of Trucks, it could replace the foam in the Freudian Slips. The space saving FS's could also work better in flat pockets like the front pocket of the Paragon.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      I use the super mini spacer mesh Ghost Whale for my coins - hopefully they'll come back in stock
      bijoux,

You can see what the spacer mesh Ghost Whale Organizer pouch looks like by checking out an early post (#15, dated 12-09-2019) I made in the Key Troubles thread. I’ll excerpt a few pictures that show off what the texture of the spacer mesh looks like holding keys in an open Mini Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch. There’s a thin nylon layer bonded to the inside mesh.

Here are some accessories that were used to hold keys (or that some people use to hold coins). Along the top is the Mini sized Q-Kit in Kiwi Ballistic Nylon (they ran out of this color 1050d Ballistic Nylon soon after making both sizes of Q-Kits), and two of the Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches: one is Mini Spacer Mesh/Ultraviolet Zipper, the second is Super-Mini ScrapBlack/Iberian Zipper.

This is a view of the open Mini Spacer Mesh GWOP with UV zipper holding a set of keys.

Here’s the closeup view of the Super-Mini Scrap Black GWOP with Iberian zipper open and holding keys. (This is the size G42 suggested for coins. The scrap black material used here is 525d Ballistic Nylon)

Here’s what those two pouches look like closed up and still holding those keys. They pack up pretty flat. There are more pictures in the linked thread that shows these pouches secured.

The GWOPs with spacer mesh sold out pretty quickly in the sizes below A5, and though they did restock them after the first sellout as part of the Christmas rush, they didn’t restock them after Co-Vid19 stay-at-home went into effect. So once most of them sold out in those sizes by late Spring, they were gone. I saw two Super-Mini GWOPs with Spacer Mesh show up just after Darcy said they ran an inventory check earlier in January, and I bought one of them, but that’s been it.

I do really like the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches in Coyote Mesh for some unique functions. (I use both the black and Coyote mesh, but I find the Coyote mesh to be smoother/less scratchy to the touch). It’s really good for certain unique circumstances. For example, the small Coyote Mesh GWOP will just hold a checkbook whereas the other fabrics will not be able to (see Recommendation for something to hold a checkbook)

This is also the (Coyote Mesh) Small GWOP that I showed in the pictures of my solution (#14, dated 10-14-2019) for carrying "5 different medicines, each in their own respective bottle", along with yogurt, wallet, cutlery and phone in a Side Kick.

I’ve left the top of the Mesh GWOP unzipped in the Side Kick, so the contents are easier to see, but you can zip it up. This is a really good usage that allows seeing the contents of the pouch are medications without leaving the labels open for reading. In case of an emergency they’re easily located, and the original prescription labels identifying the pills, the pharmacy and prescribing doctor are readily available. If someone were traveling, the information is also clear. I don’t expect many people will need a solution for holding 5 different prescription meds, but the Mini Mesh GWOP works really well for two or three of these vials.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I've been thinking (way too) deeply about my bag situation, imagining the fun trips I'll take when the world returns to somewhat normal. I've got an S25, a DLBP and a Paragon on the way. I've been looking at the Lumniary 15 (and just bought one for my husband) but one thing I'd really really love is a mini/small DLPB! I love how light it is, and how flat it folds down to, but I just don't need that much space usually when I'm out and about. A 10-12L bag that's super duper packable, with one or two simple pockets would fill that gap really well for me. Just to hold a side effect, a bottle of water and maybe a squished up jacket/layer/hat/whatever the weather demands. I don't love the look of most of the packable bags on the market and would buy something like that instantly!

Comment

Travel laundry stuff sack please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by screaming4icecream View Post
            Travel laundry stuff sack please and thank you!
            Welcome to the Forums!
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
              Welcome to the Forums!
              Thanks! I’m happy to be here and loving my Tom Bihn bags!
              Last edited by screaming4icecream; 02-12-2021, 06:18 AM. Reason: Added quote

Comment

I’d love a HLT without the loops/hand holds on the back. I use my HLT2 as my EDC and don’t like the looks of the black straps. I’ve gotten around this by using only a black HLT, but I’d sure like to use some of the new halcyons.
                Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  I agree with this. This is excerpted from my usage of the Side Effect 7 years ago (where I even carried an iPad Mini in case in addition to a Kindle Paperwhite)

For turning the Side Effect into a seat pocket bag on airline flights, I was referring to this post in the Double Carabiner, 4 thumbs up! thread from nearly 2 years ago, which showed pictures like these:

and the close-up showing how the clips can swivel to make the connection work better:

This happens to be a 400d Black Dyneema/Wasabi Side Effect, so that I can hold my iPad Mini along with Kindle, and other items, but it will work for any Side Effect (if I don't need to carry the iPad Mini in its red, SwitchEasy Canvas hard case with smart cover shown in the picture).
                  These pictures show exactly what I'm saying. If the Side Effect was just 1/2 inch taller it would be perfect for the ipad with its case.
                  The same for the travel cubelet. Another 1/2 inch would make all the difference.
                  Last edited by stuplarosa; 02-23-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Is anyone aware of any discussion/requests regarding updating the Aeronaut 30/45 with the newer Edgeless shoulder straps that are on the Synik/Paragon?

I've heard lots of great things about the new Edgeless shoulder straps, and thought with the heavier weight load typically seen in the Aeronaut family could benefit from the more cushioned and thicker Edgeless straps.

Thanks!!

Comment

I love the design of the pop tote but tote bags always fall off my shoulder immediately. It would be awesome if Tom Bihn made a convertible tote / backpack. My dream bag

Comment

Originally posted by clee View Post
                        I love the design of the pop tote but tote bags always fall off my shoulder immediately. It would be awesome if Tom Bihn made a convertible tote / backpack. My dream bag
                        I have the same dream
                        just a Bihnion here

Comment

I would love a Synapse 25 in Black Parapack.

Comment

Originally posted by clee View Post
                            Those designs can be hard to pull off successfully imo (though not impossible). In particular, I hate when the backpack straps are one long shoulder strap loosely threaded through a loop, because when you take the bag off it all slides through and gets all wonky on you. There needs to be some kind of secure attachment point for both ends of the backpack straps so they always stay the same length.

If that makes any sense..

Comment

I would really like to see some S25's with Solar lining. Right now there are none in stock and none in production.
                              Today is a good day for a good day!

Comment

I’d be delighted if the Nordic Halcyon fabric was resurrected I’d love a Synspse 25 and a Synik 30 made in that colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X