Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darcy! I was wondering what's going on with the laundry stuff sacks on the website...There are no buttons to purchase or even get an email about when they coke back in stock.

Comment

For my Synapse 19, I'd love the ability to have the interior loop rings strategically placed on the outside of the bag, for each section, along with a clasp mechanism (like what's on the end of the optional handle loops) that could attach to the loop rings, thereby "locking" the zipper. This would be a GREAT security feature, IMHO.
      Last edited by 93terp; 03-02-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Chicagoan asked:
        “My two main challenges?

The front diagonal “slash” pocket. I used to own an iPad Mini before upgrading to the Pro, and don’t quite know what to do with this pocket now.

And the main interior volume could use some added organization - while I can keep other things in the same pocket as my wallet and keys, I would prefer not to on the off chance I displace other items in the same pocket.

Appreciate the links, tips and help!”

Chicagoan
        I’ve been tinkering around with my DLBC, and just made a post with some of my hacks in this thread:
        https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post197091

Specific to your question about the front slash pocket, here’s a shot I took of what I carry in there, for whatever it’s worth. I put the items in pretty much exactly as shown across the pocket.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CDEFA5B4-E244-4FD4-BCF8-E7EE582D105C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	308016

Comment

I'm another in the camp of a new hiking backpack or a re-release / design of the Guide pack (better internal visibility?) with accompanying accessories. In this case, my dream is a return of olive parapack--though it is my understanding that it is just straight up not produced anymore. But I adore the green / brown combo of my Synik 22 GE.

Comment

My bag stable has room for a co-pilot in Tiaga.

Comment

Originally posted by labrain View Post
              My bag stable has room for a co-pilot in Tiaga.
              Not to discourage you labrain, but they haven’t made the Co-Pilot in 200d Halcyon since 2012. (See, for example, Festive Co-Pilot)

Comment

Oh man. That has been awhile. I was thinking that great looking 400d Taiga and the co-pilot would be a marriage made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelldogg37 View Post
                  Hi Darcy! I was wondering what's going on with the laundry stuff sacks on the website...There are no buttons to purchase or even get an email about when they coke back in stock.
                  I was looking to pick up another one for myself. I use my Laundry Stuff Sack every time I take a trip; but for longer then a week, I need to sacrifice one of my
                  Aeronaut 45 packing cubes for laundry duty. I'd really like another LSS for my brand new Try-Star.
                  Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Comment

Originally posted by labrain View Post
                    Oh man. That has been awhile. I was thinking that great looking 400d Taiga and the co-pilot would be a marriage made in heaven.
                    Sorry, I had a brain lapse and read that as Tidal, which is 200d Halcyon. They might well do a 400d Halcyon Co-Pilot in Taiga, if the supply holds up. It just seems spooky with talk of a possible Great Halcyon shortage come summertime.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
                      Just thought of something else--I'd kill for a gatekeeper clip design that's easier to open (and to a lesser extent, close). There's been many instances when I want to add or remove something (a waist strap, internal compression strap, or I want to hang my HLT from a couple clips inside my bag) but I don't because the gatekeepers are so fiddly to open.

If TB could come up with a design that's easier to operate, that would be amazing and enhance my usability of these bags by quite a bit!
                      Hi Surrealle,

I know that you posted this some time ago (at a time when I was really busy for work), but I wanted to point you to @terayon’s hack of a year ago (#205, dated 01-12-2020) in the Share Your Bag Hacks/Creative Uses thread.

This solution basically involves making two 6” long ties of Paracord instead of using Single Gatekeeper clips to attach an HLT to webbing loops at the top of a Synapse. The ties end in a knot, and get passed through the webbing loops. To secure the HLT, you insert the knot end of the Paracord tie into a loop at the other end. This is a bit like frog closures on jackets, where you can also release the closure by unhooking the knot end from the loop. I’ll just excerpt a couple of pictures, but there are a detailed set of instructions and pictures at the linked post.

Paracord loops passed through webbing loops at top of Synapse

Knot end of one Paracord loop secured to hold an HLT. This should provide an easier way to secure and release the attached HLT.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I would like to see some new colour combinations in ballistic for the small cafe bag. How about black/viridian, or mars/coyote ?
                        Looking forward to seeing what colours will be offered in cordura

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

My dream would be for the next round of Guides Edition Synapse / Synik could incorporate the Cordura colors or including the Beaver Camo option. I love the ballistic but Cordura makes a better guide pack aesthetic in my opinion. That or waxed canvas but I am not going to go that crazy in my wish list addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I now think I need the whole Truck family to have a bright halcyon interior compartment. A la the Trucksana.

Comment

I'm just really hoping for the Luminary 15 to come back in Constellation - I just missed out on getting one when it was still available! Otherwise, perhaps a limited run of the Luminary 12 including one in Constellation? One can dream...

(While I'm dreaming: a Tom Bihn store in Europe would be nice, ha.)

Comment

Originally posted by LindaH82 View Post
                                I'm just really hoping for the Luminary 15 to come back in Constellation - I just missed out on getting one when it was still available! Otherwise, perhaps a limited run of the Luminary 12 including one in Constellation? One can dream...

(While I'm dreaming: a Tom Bihn store in Europe would be nice, ha.)
                                Not sure if you saw the blog post... https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/restockspreorders

Looks like the Luminary restock is further out towards the summer but maybe Darcy will add Constellation back (if there's enough fabric)...
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X